PDA

View Full Version : Classless SMC goons/fans

RainierZag
02-19-2011, 07:16 PM
They have embarrassed the WCC on ESPN2 with their classless behaviour and cheapshot headshots on USU star Wesley's head/face.

Embarrassing and classless behaviour. Booing Utah State off the floor.

Go Zags. Teach these goons a lesson.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Yep, I was about to make a thread after Jones took that cheap shot on Wesley

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Still the only WCC home court where GU fans were spit on and cursed at...Act accordingly.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Still the only WCC home court where GU fans were spit on and cursed at...Act accordingly.

The lady behind me at Pepperdine last week begs to differ

adoptedzag
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
The fact that there was a Gael fan on TV holding up a sign that said:

"Jimmer's on caffeine"

made my day. LOL Do these guys even know who they're playing?

LynetteG
02-19-2011, 07:44 PM
The fact that there was a Gael fan on TV holding up a sign that said:

"Jimmer's on caffeine"

made my day. LOL Do these guys even know who they're playing?

speaking of Jimmer, I am going to watch him in person on Wed, can't wait! wanted to see him play in person before he goes off to the NBA

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 07:46 PM
The lady behind me at Pepperdine last week begs to differ

Very, very sorry to hear that. I am very vocal but have received nothing but respect from all BUT the SMC crowd. Even walking into the gates of McKeon, led to confrontation and even drinks being thrown. Not called for yet I still go in and root hard for GU.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Very, very sorry to hear that. I am very vocal but have received nothing but respect from all BUT the SMC crowd. Even walking into the gates of McKeon, led to confrontation and even drinks being thrown. Not called for yet I still go in and root hard for GU.

Yeah it was mostly funny until she made it personal and called me sister a tramp at the end of the game.

Backstory: I had seats behind the GU bench but then my sister and dad wanted to go, so we ended up with seats 3 rows behind Pep's bench because the GU section was all sold out.

Some of the better quotes:

"(Standing and clapping at end of game) Your team is showing respect, why dont you have some and sit down" (You know they would be going insane if GU lost)

"Im talking to administration about [me being in that section] this is unacceptable"

"Yeah, put your hands down" (After Gray shot and missed a 3)

"We'll see what Saint Marys has to say about this"

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah it was mostly funny until she made it personal and called me sister a tramp at the end of the game.

Backstory: I had seats behind the GU bench but then my sister and dad wanted to go, so we ended up with seats 3 rows behind Pep's bench because the GU section was all sold out.

Some of the better quotes:

"(Standing and clapping at end of game) Your team is showing respect, why dont you have some and sit down" (You know they would be going insane if GU lost)

"Im talking to administration about [me being in that section] this is unacceptable"

"Yeah, put your hands down" (After Gray shot and missed a 3)

"We'll see what Saint Marys has to say about this"

I would happily trade your experience for mine. Lot of explicit language being directed towards my group. I honestly could say I was completely taken by surprise as I am very accustomed to Cowboys/Eagles/Phillies/Dodgers fans. I had to play peacemaker instead of instigator and I was completely taken aback by the treatment. Can't speak for your situation but SMC brings the guns for GU fans and maybe more props to them but they honestly care little for their WCC bretheren.

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I have to admit that I am surprised that people would be disrespectful - downright criminal if drinks were thrown, I would not have thought that would happen in the WCC.

I know that I have been to a lot of games at K2 and the seats that I share are right near the opposing bench, so we get a lot of other team's people walking right up and down our aisle, I have never heard ONE comment directed at them, not one (at the coaches, yes - I am guilty of yelling at Kerry to sit down) - but even after the SMC game, we were all peacefully filing out together, not a word.

I am sure we are not saints, but I have never seen anything that bad and I am surprised - Pepperdine could not beat our women's team, I am not sure that our guys can beat our women's team.

RainierZag
02-19-2011, 08:01 PM
I would happily trade your experience for mine. Lot of explicit language being directed towards my group. I honestly could say I was completely taken by surprise as I am very accustomed to Cowboys/Eagles/Phillies/Dodgers fans. I had to play peacemaker instead of instigator and I was completely taken aback by the treatment. Can't speak for your situation but SMC brings the guns for GU fans and maybe more props to them but they honestly care little for their WCC bretheren.

From their own board. Jerks.
--------------
Utah State Thread Author Comment
Steven Koren #61 [-]

(02/19/11 08:39)
ReplyQuoteMore
My Recent Posts
Tough loss. ONly good part of 2nd half was the shot that Wesley took to the face.
-----------------

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I have to admit that I am surprised that people would be disrespectful - downright criminal if drinks were thrown, I would not have thought that would happen in the WCC.

I know that I have been to a lot of games at K2 and the seats that I share are right near the opposing bench, so we get a lot of other team's people walking right up and down our aisle, I have never heard ONE comment directed at them, not one (at the coaches, yes - I am guilty of yelling at Kerry to sit down) - but even after the SMC game, we were all peacefully filing out together, not a word.

I am sure we are not saints, but I have never seen anything that bad and I am surprised - Pepperdine could not beat our women's team, I am not sure that our guys can beat our women's team.

I am willing to accept all opinions to respect all WCC opponents, I really am. I just find it odd that after to traveling to all opponents' home domes, SMC provides a not just hostile (good protect your home turf I say) but confrontational and outright combative environment including throwing beverages, trying to grab hats, welcoming a fight, etc. I say screw you. I paid more money than most of these people to attend the game and if I sport eh vistor's gear, I EXPECT RAZZING but not it escalate with physical violence.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I am willing to accept all opinions to respect all WCC opponents, I really am. I just find it odd that after to traveling to all opponents' home domes, SMC provides a not just hostile (good protect your home turf I say) but confrontational and outright combative environment including throwing beverages, trying to grab hats, welcoming a fight, etc. I say screw you. I paid more money than most of these people to attend the game and if I sport eh vistor's gear, I EXPECT RAZZING but not it escalate with physical violence.

Exactly. Like I said, at the Pepperdine game the razzing was just making me cheer more. I thought it was funny that the fact that I was wearing a KC shirt and simply cheering for my team was getting into her head so much. But my sister is still in high school and wasnt wearing any GU affiliated clothing. If she was going to make it personal then start calling me names, not my younger sister.

Zagineer
02-19-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll refrain from quoting and doing a +1 to the past 8-10 posts to save on my post length. (Besides,.... one can only post 4 links in a given post.)

I'll just add,.... from a 30,000 foot overview perspective,........

culture/behavior is established, accepted and allowed/condoned from the top. So it is, IMHO, with the current situation at St. Mary's.

When an institution can allow a freshman player to come into a home court of another WCC team (GU) and flip off the KC and the Band without repercussions...... and then,......

4 years later,..... at the Orleans,..... during the WCC Tourney Championship game,...... flip off the entire GU fan crowd in the stands, including me, by the way,........ and obviously not learning a thing during his past 4 years of Catholic education about human behavior,.... maturity,..... responsibility,... I could go on and on......

Well then,..... there's a problem. A big prblem. And it seems to be continuing.

Sad. :(

St. Mary's, being a Catholic college, makes it all the more painful for me. But at least they are not Jesuit, or else I'd really be totally despondent right now.

And here's the real sad part. Over the past two years I have been at The Orleans, I've met 3 wonderful, delightful people who are absolute and total St. Mary's fans. The behavior of others are a total discredit to those wonderful people I have encountered.

Come on, Zags! Get that win Thursday and turn my Avatar back into a Happy Face Bulldog!! :)

Das Zagger
02-19-2011, 09:25 PM

There are jackass fans in each fanbase, GU has them, SMC has them, Alabama has them. During the SMC game, we had some SMC fan three rows behind us yelling when GU was shooting free throws, nothing profane, but a geriatric GU fan took it upon himself to shoot the guy the bird.

Pretty classless but don't let one bad apple spoil a bunch.

I think I know why everyone filed out quietly after the SMC game though.

Das Zagger
02-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I'll refrain from quoting and doing a +1 to the past 8-10 posts to save on my post length. (Besides,.... one can only post 4 links in a given post.)

I'll just add,.... from a 30,000 foot overview perspective,........

culture/behavior is established, accepted and allowed/condoned from the top. So it is, IMHO, with the current situation at St. Mary's.

When an institution can allow a freshman player to come into a home court of another WCC team (GU) and flip off the KC and the Band without repercussions...... and then,......

4 years later,..... at the Orleans,..... during the WCC Tourney Championship game,...... flip off the entire GU fan crowd in the stands, including me, by the way,........ and obviously not learning a thing during his past 4 years of Catholic education about human behavior,.... maturity,..... responsibility,... I could go on and on......

Well then,..... there's a problem. A big prblem. And it seems to be continuing.

Sad. :(

St. Mary's, being a Catholic college, makes it all the more painful for me. But at least they are not Jesuit, or else I'd really be totally despondent right now.

And here's the real sad part. Over the past two years I have been at The Orleans, I've met 3 wonderful, delightful people who are absolute and total St. Mary's fans. The behavior of others are a total discredit to those wonderful people I have encountered.

Come on, Zags! Get that win Thursday and turn my Avatar back into a Happy Face Bulldog!! :)

I suggest you write a strongly worded email to the president of SMC, that'll teach 'em.

tobizag
02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
is there a place i can see the shot to the head? i didn't catch the game.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 09:47 PM
It was with about 1 minutes left in the 2nd half. Check espn3.com and see if there is a game replay.

TerpZag
02-19-2011, 09:52 PM
is there a place i can see the shot to the head? i didn't catch the game.

ESPN3 ~ Replay of Utah St. - St. Mary's

Zagineer
02-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I suggest you write a strongly worded email to the president of SMC, that'll teach 'em.

You betcha', Das. :lmao:

At 61 years of age, I know where my message would end up.....

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Zagineer/trash-can.jpg

That's why I use the GU Boards to vent. :D

By the way, Das,.... Love your posts..... every one of them. :)

tobizag
02-19-2011, 10:09 PM
thanks. fast forwarded and found it. what were the students saying to wesley all night?

jim77
02-20-2011, 01:37 AM
nevermind