PDA

View Full Version : USF's Rashad Green -- Serious injury?

GoZags
02-19-2011, 06:47 PM
A reliable poster on another board said Rashad's eye injury has him at emergency in a Spokane hospital. Any verification?

Regardless -- I hope the kid is okay.

kitzbuel
02-19-2011, 06:55 PM
I was hoping it was his nose that got hit and not his eye. Hope he comes out good.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
I was listening to the radio and there was no mention of an injury. What happened to his eye?

edit: Was it an elbow from Harris?

soccerdud
02-19-2011, 06:58 PM
best to him.

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I was listening to the radio and there was no mention of an injury. What happened to his eye?

edit: Was it an elbow from Harris?

It was an elbow from Harris; the video replay showed it caught him pretty hard.

I don't have a DVR so I can't do more than recall the replay in my mind's eye. It wasn't a cheap shot or a wildly flying elbow on Harris' part.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
It was an elbow from Harris; the video replay showed it caught him pretty hard.

I don't have a DVR so I can't do more than recall the replay in my mind's eye. It wasn't a cheap shot or a wildly flying elbow on Harris' part.

Ok I remember them mentioning that on USF radio. They didnt mention anything flagrant though so thats good. Always hate to see someone injured on incidental contact though.

GoZags
02-19-2011, 07:07 PM
He was down a long time -- in addition to the USF staff Jennifer Nyland was there helping as well. On his walk to the bench he had to stop a time or two, apparently woozy. I was surprised he sat down on the bench -- I was expecting him to go straight to the locker room.

kitzbuel
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Ok I remember them mentioning that on USF radio. They didnt mention anything flagrant though so thats good. Always hate to see someone injured on incidental contact though.

There was no foul on the play at all. Elias was coming down, had his arm and elbow tucked in against his chest but Green kinda ran under him while he was still in the air. It looked like it was just off the nose and on the cheek right under his eye.

adoptedzag
02-19-2011, 07:47 PM
yeah, it was just a fluke play. Hope it isn't too serious and he gets better soon.

GoZags
02-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't follow Coach Rex Walters' twitter tweets -- but someone who does has mentioned that Walters tweeted that Green "will be okay".

Very good news.

The last time I recall an opponent going to the hospital was for Brody Angly's (sp?) concussion. I believe he spent the night.

gustudentmd
02-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Good to hear.