GoZags
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Go Zags !!!!!!

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Get well Rob

ZagLawGrad
02-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Pressure all on the Gaels. Enjoy thinking about it for a few days.

madness
02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
This is turning into the most exciting WCC finish in many years! I'm enjoying the ride.

bballbeachbum
02-19-2011, 06:10 PM
beat St. Mary's!!!

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 06:11 PM
SMC probably locking up their birth tonight, maybe they will lose a little focus, maybe they will focus solely upon the Zags. One things for sure, we have to play our best ball of the year to beat them.

Mantua
02-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Get well Rob

+1

Despite our recent success we need Rob.

surfmonkey89
02-19-2011, 06:19 PM
There should be no other active thread besides this this week.

Zagdawg
02-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I was wondering--with McConnell averaging huge minutes per game 36.6 over the year--but 40 per game for the last 7/8 games--will he run out of gas?

His legs start to get a little fatigued --3's are falling a bit shorter.

Then again his is a lot younger than I am.....maybe won't make a difference.

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Go Utah State. . .!

Angelo Roncalli
02-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Go Zags.

Go Aggies.

Win.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Go Utah State. . .!

Just out of curiosity, besides the fact that we dont like SMC, what is the reason we want USU to beat an in conference opponent?

Ziggy
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
The Stage Is Set ! The Roles Are Set! The Stars Are Aligned! Chip On The Shoulder! F O C U S !!!!!!!

Bulldog
02-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Double team Mickey and bye bye Gaels.

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I am rooting for USU because:

1. SMC hasn't lost at home this year. Nothing like a little chink in the armor , etc.

2. Back-to-back losses by the Gaels might shake their confidence a bit, give them reasons to doubt their game at a key juncture in the season.

3. The Head Coach (Stew Morrill) of USU has Gonzaga connections

4. The enemy of my enemy is my friend ( for one night at least )

5. Zags wouldn't take much from the SMC - USD game tape. This game, OTOH, will give the coaches a better blueprint for taking down the Gaels at their house.

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
The Stage Is Set ! The Roles Are Set! The Stars Are Aligned! Chip On The Shoulder! F O C U S !!!!!!!

Ziggy youre from Brewster? Omak fan right here :cheers:

Kong-Kool-Aid
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I can't agree... I want SMC to win, we need the RPI boost.

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 06:43 PM
I am cheering against SMC out of habit, but really, we need them to win if we want a shot at an at large, on the other hand, the way they are playing in the second half - they sure look like a team that is running out of gas at the end of the year. They took a lead into the half at USD and they took a lead into half against USU and they are dying a slow death in the outback right now.

EuroZag2010
02-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Utah state up 9 8 min ti go

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
SMC 3/17 shooting in the second half. No legs.

Bulldog
02-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Would be nice to quiet all the naysayers and win out the league and head into the NCAA tourney with a full head of steam. But lets beat St. Marys next week and then go from there.

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Go Zags Go!

I think most would agree, Utah State has provided plenty of tape for GU staff/players to study. Their defense has been suffocating to say the least. Get in their grill, stay aggressive, and be outgoing of your emotions. Stay in their face.

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Having them lose their home court win streak is a good point, nothing like a little doubt.

MJ777
02-19-2011, 06:53 PM
i want SMUC to win because it helps the zags at large chance. I can tolerate a loss because some of the fans on GaelisaGod could use some more humility. Dykes was right regardless of the outcome tonight.

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Dykes was right regardless of the outcome tonight.

What did Dykes say ?

willandi
02-19-2011, 06:58 PM
SMC probably locking up their birth tonight, maybe they will lose a little focus, maybe they will focus solely upon the Zags. One things for sure, we have to play our best ball of the year to beat them.

Dixie, i'M SURE YOU MEANT BERTH, BECAUSE i THINK THE gAELS ARE OLDER THAN JUST TONIGHT. Sorry, just saw the caps on and I'm a 2 finger guy. Beat SMC wheter they win tonight or not, then beat San Diego and let the chips fall after that.

Zag@LMU
SMC being exposed once again by a physical USU team

RenoZag
OT: Tai Wesley is a stud

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
OT: Tai Wesley is a stud

Yep. Shoulda knocked Delly out. Can't stand him.

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
They aren't very happy in McKeon tonight. . .

Bulldog
02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't think St. Marys is peaking at this crucial point in the season. We need to go down there and take it to them.

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Yep. Shoulda knocked Delly out. Can't stand him.

Haha i agree. I guess that's why he sports the boxer's mouthpiece instead of a football/basketball mouthpiece.

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sure looks like SMC is a worn out team; it used to be that McConnel could enforce his will at pretty much any point but he can't even get his shot.

9 point lead at half today; 8 point lead at half at SD.

Bulldog
02-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Utah States Jardine is a force to be reckoned with, St. Marys will drop out of the top 25 tonight.

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Jardine just went Pargo on SMC! That was a monster jam and then pushed SMC all over the map as he went to cheer it up with the bench. Awesome.

GO ZAGS GO!

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Utah States Jardine is a force to be reckoned with, St. Marys will drop out of the top 25 tonight.

They have already permanently dropped out after the loss to USD

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 07:05 PM

I thought that was already known with a loss to USD, #317. St. John's isn't ranked but the SMC clowns are? No way. They were losin' that spot as soon as USD won regardless of the outcome of the Utah State game.

willandi
02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Lets push them down more...when they're down. Go ZAGS!!!!

mtzaga
02-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Time for the Aggies to put this one away. The Griz and Long Beach State game is about to start.

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Would be nice to quiet all the naysayers and win out the league and head into the NCAA tourney with a full head of steam. But lets beat St. Marys next week and then go from there.

:cheers:

willandi
02-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Time for the Aggies to put this one away. The Griz and Long Beach State game is about to start.

+1

Zag4Hire
02-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Stop McConnell = Stop St. Mary's

Bulldog
02-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Go Griz!!

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 07:23 PM
SMC just looked aweful in the second half, I just have to think that this is the result of playing only 8 guys all year. Maybe their fans will cool to this whole "Best Team Ever" thing and not sell out McKeon - just kiddin, I am sure they are already gunning for us -- but one team has just gotten its doors knocked off twice and one team is on a four game win streak with a couple new contributors they have to think about.

God, I hope that Rob is better on Thursday - we will need him in the middle.

willandi
02-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Go Griz!!

+1

MJ777
02-19-2011, 07:29 PM
What did Dykes say ?

He said they were overrated and would not be able to stand up to bigger physical teams. Personally, I thought they were playing great team ball earlier in the year, but I thought talk that they were better than last year's team was stupid. Like him or not, Spamham was a HUGE part of the run they made last year and they have nobody to take his spot physically or emotionally. They did beat the Zags though, but Zags wer playing pretty soft then. SMC has four days to fill up their tank, sweep up the floor, put some new 100 watt bulbs in the garage, and to get ready for a newly tuned up Zag machine that is driving toward another WCC championship. Go Zags, Beat SMC. :)

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks for that info, MJ777.

In horse racing, they talk about "horses for courses." Some horses just love certain tracks. . .

I hope McKeon Pavilion is a 'course' that suits Harris as well in 2011 as it did in 2010 !!

Zagineer
02-19-2011, 07:35 PM
SMC just looked aweful in the second half, I just have to think that this is the result of playing only 8 guys all year. Maybe their fans will cool to this whole "Best Team Ever" thing and not sell out McKeon - just kiddin, I am sure they are already gunning for us -- but one team has just gotten its doors knocked off twice and one team is on a four game win streak with a couple new contributors they have to think about.

+1

Oh oh. Two losses in a row for SMC?? Coach Bennett will be a holy terror to his team from now until Thursday evening.

Come on, Zag Coaching Staff. Prepare our team for what's coming.

Come on and respond, Zags. This ain't going to be easy, but nothing worth achieving ever is.

You can WIN!!

willandi
02-19-2011, 07:36 PM
C'mon Zags, beat the Gals...I mean Gaels!!

ridgebackzag
02-19-2011, 07:40 PM
This is turning into the most exciting WCC finish in many years! I'm enjoying the ride.

Agreed. As much as this year has been full of overblown expectations, the finish of the WCC season is the most fun it's been during the DoE. Although not nationally attentive, this is a load of fun for all of us on this board.

Go Zags!

Zag@LMU
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
SMC better be prepared. I feel that Thursdays game will be harder than their last 2 combined.

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah, it will be really fun if we win Thurs/Sat. Really fun. Hypothetically, if we beat SMC, can they really pick themselves up and beat UP? UP beat SCU tonight, so they are not dead yet.

It would really be nice if Carter could go for 20 again, seems we do pretty well when he does. We are an entirely different team if we have a three point threat to keep people honest.

Zagineer
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Focus and win.

Just_An_Old_Zag
02-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Morrill was an All-American at Ricks College and a two-time All-Big Sky selection for Gonzaga University. He started his coaching career in 1974 as an assistant at Gonzaga

I was at GU in '74 so I root for the guy with GU street cred

RenoZag
02-19-2011, 08:23 PM
BTW: When I was at GU ( Fall 75 - Spring 79 ) there was a Dean of Student Life named Wayne Tinkle; father of the current Montana men's hoop coach ??

GoZags
02-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Morrill was an All-American at Ricks College and a two-time All-Big Sky selection for Gonzaga University. He started his coaching career in 1974 as an assistant at Gonzaga

I was at GU in '74 so I root for the guy with GU street cred

I sat next to Stew in a class my sophomore year (he may have been taking extra classes). We've both put on a couple of lbs since our time at Zag.

That being said, "Beat St. Mary's"

DixieZag
02-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Maybe we need to play way up tempo against them on Thursday, USU just kept coming at them in the second half and SMC did not have the man-power to keep up with them, not moving their feet, fouling instead of guarding, shots were off. We have been playing 10-11 and winning, why not have them running circles around them all game?

Of course, opening the second half with 3 straight 3 pointers and then follow it with 3s from Manny and Steven would be nice again. I don't believe that we have seen this team explode like that all year. As was said in the game thread. . . I wonder what was said in the locker room over half-time. I sure as hell hope it had something to do with controlling your own destiny and having to want it more. It really looked to me like SMC wished the season ended a week ago, you could see their confidence fading as soon as USU took the lead.

gamagin
02-19-2011, 08:37 PM
BTW: When I was at GU ( Fall 75 - Spring 79 ) there was a Dean of Student Life named Wayne Tinkle; father of the current Montana men's hoop coach ??

but pretty sure they are related. btw, coach tinkle's daughter is a starter (or 6th player) for stanford gals team that stopped the UConn streak. excellent player.

saw coach tinkle (a spokane native & ferris grad) in the k2 when stanford played the Zag gals this season. Nice fellow. I was introduced to him at Jack and Dan's, where he was having a jar with a mutual friend.

P.S. BEAT St. Mary's !

Das Zagger
02-19-2011, 09:20 PM

You know your hoops. Lil Mickey went 40 minutes tonight and was non-existent in the 2nd half.

FWIW, a friend texted me and said SMC is selling t-shirts that say "beat Gonzaga...again" in McKeon, be sure to support SMC athletics and pick up a couple before the game on Thursday!

adoptedzag
02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
you know your hoops. Lil mickey went 40 minutes tonight and was non-existent in the 2nd half.

Fwiw, a friend texted me and said smc is selling t-shirts that say "beat gonzaga...again" in mckeon, be sure to support smc athletics and pick up a couple to burn before the game on thursday!
fify :)

VinnyZag
02-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Defeat St. Marys

GrizZAG
02-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Go Griz!!

Half of my handle is happy tonight. Griz struggled with the 3 tonight, but Carter didn't for sure!

By the way, someone said MM was absent in the 2nd half. Did you see that game? MM knocked a couple of 30+ foot threes toward the end that were just unreal. Quick trigger...dead eye shooter. Gunslinger..look out.

MickMick
02-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Payback time.

Las Vegas is where it's at though.

AK457
02-20-2011, 04:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl74GK6zoF0

1973Zag
02-20-2011, 06:16 AM
totally agree Grizz, wish we had someone who could "disappear" at the end of the game and shoot like that! We need to be in his face as soon as he crosses half court and harass him to death.

fedwayzag
02-20-2011, 07:47 AM
I say we pick up MM full court man to man. Make him work for everything he gets on offense and wear him down on defense. We have the horses to do. Deny him the ball. Make someone else try to beat. I don't think they can do it. Pound it inside and then kick out to open shooters. Just what we have been doing lately.

LongIslandZagFan
02-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Go Zags!!

Reborn
02-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Take the next step, Zags and BEAT St. Mary's! One game at a time. I would really like to see the Zags give St Mary's a good ol fashioned whipping, just as Utah State did last night. Gonzaga has evened the score with two of the three teams that beat us in conference play. St. Mary's is the only one left. I'm really looking forward to Thursday nite.

DixieZag
02-20-2011, 10:06 AM
The 30 footers that MM made in the late second half were when the game was all but decided, he was AWOL during USU's run from 9 back to 10 up, at one point SMC was 3/17 shooting from the field.

Love the idea of picking him up in the backcourt and wearing him out. Try to make someone else beat us. I think they are worn out BUT that does not mean that they will wear out against us with all that is on the line. It is just worth noting and possibly take advantage of.

GrizZAG
02-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Reading some posts in the Gaels forum on how USD and Utah beat Micky..

Both teams played the same strategy...doubled him off the screen as much as possible and it sounds like they don't trust their bigs to get it done.

i.e.,

"They doubled Mickey off the screen.. RB has no answer for it.. Maybe a double screen will work.. Try something anything "

"what were they doing? San Diego double teamed Mickey a lot on the screen and left the 5 and the 1 with him. Mickey did well splitting it in the first half of the SD game, but they tightened up in the second half. "

"dont understand why we let our bigs post up....who do they think they are omar samhan?? our bigs dont have the skill to post up as most of those possession turn out to be a missed shot or turnover (with exception of rob jones but he is sometimes to small to post). If we want our bigs to score, let mickey and delly run plays for them....dont let the bigs run the plays!!!

golfmania
02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Every time we take care of the basketball and don't turn the ball over and guard the 3 point line consistently, we do great! If our guards don't suck in and try to help on defense in the middle, we should be able to beat St. Mary's. Let Rob and Elias take care of the middle, they are big boys and can handle it fine. If we stop St. Mary's strength, their guards and 3 point shooting, we will stop their strength, as they don't have as :pray:much of an inside presence as we do. If we work it in on offense to our bigs and stop depending on 3's, we will win. Gonzaga does not want to get into a battle of 3 point shooting, we will lose that fight. We only made 8 out of 25 shots(32%), taking far too many homers. Stick to our strengths, the inside game, and we can call ourselves co-champs for 2010-2011, 11 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrizZAG
02-20-2011, 01:33 PM
But our hot handed three won the last one...Need that threat at least.

Bogozags
02-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Go zags!

MickMick
02-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Every time we take care of the basketball and don't turn the ball over and guard the 3 point line consistently, we do great! If our guards don't suck in and try to help on defense in the middle, we should be able to beat St. Mary's. Let Rob and Elias take care of the middle, they are big boys and can handle it fine. If we stop St. Mary's strength, their guards and 3 point shooting, we will stop their strength, as they don't have as :pray:much of an inside presence as we do. If we work it in on offense to our bigs and stop depending on 3's, we will win. Gonzaga does not want to get into a battle of 3 point shooting, we will lose that fight. We only made 8 out of 25 shots(32%), taking far too many homers. Stick to our strengths, the inside game, and we can call ourselves co-champs for 2010-2011, 11 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful 4th post.

I couldn't agree more :) You took the words I intended to write.

Just_An_Old_Zag
02-20-2011, 02:15 PM
If billy and kyle can beat SMC, mark and company can do it twice in the next 15 days...

13 days till the fam and i touch down in vegas...this got me pumped up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUl8xkKSTk

DixieZag
02-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I agree about feeding the bigs down low and that the ball should run through their hands at least once a possession, with the caveat that teams have lately been double or triple teaming our bigs - and when they do we must have guys getting to their spots or cutting through the middle. If a team has decided to make someone other than Sacre or Harris beat them, we have to find a way to get it done. I like Steven's drives down the lane, and I also like Carter's floaters. If we can knock down an open three after running it through the offense, fine with me.

Go Zags, beat SMC - they will be angry, be more angry.

RainierZag
02-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Beat SMC

Once and Future Zag
02-21-2011, 08:23 AM
For all the girning about our 3P% defense.... SMC is dead last in that category in WCC games.

Though they are #1 in FT defense and we're #8.

gamagin
02-21-2011, 08:29 AM
press SMC more. Make them work and waste time getting to half court. They already look tired.

We let them set up, get in to their rhythm and if they get hot, we keep letting them get to the spot where they can do it again.

Another pet peeve is watching Mickey set up atop the key and basically plan to make a drive. He should be trying to catch his breath from making it to that spot.

Thirdly, there is just no way he can get a shot off as often & easily as he has against us unless we stop dogging him for 40 minutes, or get careless and sag into the middle.

All of this is predictable. He's an excellent shooter and opportunist. Don't give him the opportunity.

Steal the mo and win the show.

TheZagPhish
02-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Beat St. Mary's.

adoptedzag
02-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Defeat the Gaels.

DADoZAG
02-21-2011, 09:10 AM
press SMC more. Make them work and waste time getting to half court. They already look tired.

We let them set up, get in to their rhythm and if they get hot, we keep letting them get to the spot where they can do it again.

Another pet peeve is watching Mickey set up atop the key and basically plan to make a drive. He should be trying to catch his breath from making it to that spot.

Thirdly, there is just no way he can get a shot off as often & easily as he has against us unless we stop dogging him for 40 minutes, or get careless and sag into the middle.

All of this is predictable. He's an excellent shooter and opportunist. Don't give him the opportunity.

Yea, what you said...

Go ZAGS! Beat St. Mary's!!

hondo
02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Gut the Gaels-Gag the Gaels-Grab the Gaels-Girdle the Gaels-Goose the Gaels- Gaff the Gaels-Grope the Gaels-Gore the Gaels but most of all
GUARD THE GAELS!!!!

Snagglezag
02-21-2011, 09:33 AM

I am desperate to see Keita, Meech, Manny, and Steven reek havoc on their backcourt. We need to press these guys. Gas them by halftime and strike in the second half. I was shocked Few didn't do this more the first time around. We sat back and allowed them a comfort zone. We have superior athletes to throw at their guards all night. We are deep, they are not. Play to our strengths.

tobizag
02-21-2011, 09:38 AM
win.

ID ZAGFAN
02-21-2011, 09:54 AM
G-O-N-Z-A-G-A Go, Gonzaga!

Beat St. Mary's!

ZaGranny

hooter73
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I am desperate to see Keita, Meech, Manny, and Steven reek havoc on their backcourt. We need to press these guys. Gas them by halftime and strike in the second half. I was shocked Few didn't do this more the first time around. We sat back and allowed them a comfort zone. We have superior athletes to throw at their guards all night. We are deep, they are not. Play to our strengths.

That's most my answer right there as well. Unfortunately two of those four have been trimmed from the line up but if we press them even if its just Meech running a full court press on his man the ENTIRE game it will mess their flow and they are already a tired team. We play fast and hard and take care of the ball and we're good to go.

We lost by a last second near circus shot last time so i dont put too much emphasis on their "win" against us. Im actually more concerned about our inside guys being able to cut off their drives without drawing a foul. Right now KO, Harris and Dower dont have a good track record for that.

Go Zags

Angelo Roncalli
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Gut the Gaels-Gag the Gaels-Grab the Gaels-Girdle the Gaels-Goose the Gaels- Gaff the Gaels-Grope the Gaels-Gore the Gaels but most of all
GUARD THE GAELS!!!!

Geld the Gaels.

Go Zags!

Snagglezag
02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
That's most my answer right there as well. Unfortunately two of those four have been trimmed from the line up but if we press them even if its just Meech running a full court press on his man the ENTIRE game it will mess their flow and they are already a tired team. We play fast and hard and take care of the ball and we're good to go.

We lost by a last second near circus shot last time so i dont put too much emphasis on their "win" against us. Im actually more concerned about our inside guys being able to cut off their drives without drawing a foul. Right now KO, Harris and Dower dont have a good track record for that.

Go Zags

Didn't mean to steal your thunder, hooter. Sorry about that. Manny and Keita have been trimmed, true, but they would make a great impact defensively. I can't imagine Delly or Mickey Mouse getting great looks with Keita in their hip pocket starting from 40 feet out. I don't want to see us become compact on defense on dribble drives. Guys need to trust the D will be there. Easier said than done, obviously.

tobizag
02-21-2011, 10:46 AM
http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2009/03/09/srx_zag4__t600.jpg?856ec300371e7eb6c68d4b624632360 0dd72ab5f

Baldwinzag
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Typically, a "Mickey Mouse" defense is synonymous with a
poor defense. This isn't the case when you play SMC.

Defend MM!

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/w/wpmickey29b.jpg

hooter73
02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Didn't mean to steal your thunder, hooter. Sorry about that. ..

Doesn't steal my thunder, just means we're right! :)

I really wish we had even a short youtube of Samhan getting stuffed to the floor by Foster, knocked sideways by Sacre and dunked on by Josh.

GoZags
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Go Zags

Out of curiosity, do you also think it's "unfortunate" that Gonzaga has won it's last 6 conference games? The guys who haven't been playing may very well have a positive influence on the outcome of future games, but second guessing a winning combination seems a little strange to me.

TerpZag
02-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Go Zags!!!

Vanquish the Gaels!!!

hooter73
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Out of curiosity, do you also think it's "unfortunate" that Gonzaga has won it's last 6 conference games? The guys who haven't been playing may very well have a positive influence on the outcome of future games, but second guessing a winning combination seems a little strange to me.

I see you're in the 'dont question a win' camp which is fine and you have a good practical point buuuuuuuuuuuuuut its just hard to see players that exhibited so much promise early on see no playing time whatsoever.

DixieZag
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
On the other hand, a guy who had 0 minutes for many games earlier was just named conference Player of the Week. I think we ought to just hope that the guys in the dark uni's win Thursday.

Go Zags, beat SMC - - and then do it again a week and a half later.

ZagsGoZags
02-21-2011, 09:57 PM
In addition to all the other strategies we use, or leave out, we must,
in all cases
do what we didn't do last game with them

RUN THEM

we have the speed, the wind, the bench, to not
play their speed
Let Carter, Steve, and David run it constantly when they are in
Like Meech does

GoZags
02-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Beat St. Mary's !!!!!!

Reborn
02-24-2011, 06:20 AM

Beat St. Mary's!

ZaGranny

I like this one a lot. Go Zags!

AK457
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
from facebook:

Omar Samhan
DEAR
Mickey McConnell, Mitchell Young ,Rob Jones, Clint Steindl,Timothy Allen Manly Williams,Kenton Walker,Matthew Dellavedova and Phil BensonKick some ASS tonight we all Believe in you guys go out Win this game and have fun doing it!!! If any of you get a chance tell Mark Few he can .... my .... Love you guys good luck!!!

yikes. classy.

LMUZAG
02-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Gonzaga = More Points
St. Mary's = Less Points

:cheers:

GUinSTL
02-24-2011, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=AK457;640909]from facebook:

Omar Samhan
If any of you get a chance tell Mark Few he can .... my .... Love you guys good luck!!!

QUOTE]

well, don't leave us hangin'. what were the "..."?
hug my love handles
sign my jersey
squeeze my b00bs
give my eulogy

~B

Das Zagger
02-24-2011, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=AK457;640909]from facebook:

Omar Samhan
If any of you get a chance tell Mark Few he can .... my .... Love you guys good luck!!!

QUOTE]

well, don't leave us hangin'. what were the "..."?
hug my love handles
sign my jersey
squeeze my b00bs
give my eulogy

~B

Few and Omar must not be friends on Facebook.

AK457
02-24-2011, 02:09 PM
hahaha yeah the "..."s are taken verbatim from his post. i was thinking the same thing.

tobizag
02-24-2011, 02:24 PM
here's the motivation for the zags tonight....

sorry the image is so small, it's omar's fb page screen grab with his nasty comment.

NotoriousZ
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Somebody needs to give ol' Manboobs a shout out for me on facebook:

"Come on down for the game tonight, tubby. After we pants Micky and slap the mouthpiece out of Dellavamouthpiece's stupid face, we're gonna need a big, fat tub of ... to dump these guys on."

Edit: I've got a feeling that I might be crossing a line on this one. But let me say that for me it's all in good fun. Honestly, I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Go Zags! Let's take it to these guys all night long!!!

ZagLawGrad
02-24-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm getting the pre-game jitters

Go Zags!

bballbeachbum
02-24-2011, 02:43 PM
I like this one a lot. Go Zags!

Yeah baby!!!

Beat St. Mary's!!!

adoptedzag
02-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm getting the pre-game jitters

Go Zags!

I've had the pre-game jitters since Monday :D

Saxon_zag
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Omar keeping it classy as usual on the gaels side of things! This witty excerpt taken from his last facebook status update.

"If any of you get a chance tell Mark Few he can .... my .... Love you guys good luck!!!"

kitzbuel
02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I can fill in the blanks!!!

"If any of you get a chance tell Mark Few he can 'beat' my 'Gaels'!

U Zig, I Zag
02-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Love to see how the SMC board spins this one.

"He is SO passionate and SUCH a competitor!"

Zaghawk shock
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Ohmar? What is that big dummy up to these days? Oh, wait, I just remembered that I couldn't possibly care less.

All most game time!
BTW - I hate watching Delavadopey shoot free throws. Looks like a gradeschool kid trying a chest pass for the first time. Which makes it even worse when it goes in.:doh:

GoZags
02-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Beat St. Mary's !!!!!!