• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

What do you hope to see tonight against USF

Im so excited about the game tonight. LIke all of us the most important thing to me is to see our Zags happy and celebrating after the game tonight. This is a huge game tonight. A victory moves us into sole possession of 2nd place, and a necessary step toward the conference championship.

I hope to see more confidence at the end of the game. I want to see that confidence that knows and understands that YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT US IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to see the kind of determination and toughness that will NOT allow the Dons to pull out another sqeaker. Let's not give them another gift.

I hope to see a lot better defense then the last time, especially on Doolin and Caloiaro. I also hope to see Sacre and Dower do a much better job on Blackwell. I thought these three guys in particular really killed us last time. If I were to focus on stopping one person though it would be Doolin. He's a freshman, and this is a huge game. I thought Doolin embarrassed us last time, and if I were a Zag I would love to have a chance to guard him tonight.

I think the Zags should over play Doolin, Williams, Caloiaro, and Green. Make them go where they DO NOT want to go. I would make Doolin go right, Williams left, Green right, and Coloiaro left. Overplay them guys.....Don't be suckers....Be smart.

I hope to see Gray do much better than he's done in awhile. I hope to see him play smart, stay out of foul trouble, and hit foul shots. I really hope to see him focussed tonight.

Finally I hope to see Carter and Harris continue their improved play. I want to see Harris play with fire and do lots of damage inside. I think he's getting there.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Just win, baby !
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bballbeachbum
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2008

dominate the paint and the glass...the key in my mind

even-handed zebras

Steven to kick butt in his last home game...because he can

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• HillBillyZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

every game someone starts this same thread ? I just want to aee win , who brings it about ?, is irrelevant ?
        [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
        ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• scott257
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2009

I want to see a huge game for Gray - his last home game isn't it? I also want to see the team build a lead and maintain it throughout. I think it is time to see a dominating performance and not one where they let them hang around and keep it tight throughout. It is Saturday and I want to relax for a change. I watch those close games and I sometimes feel like I have played every minute myself. Go Zags!

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by scott257 View Post
            I want to see a huge game for Gray - his last home game isn't it? I also want to see the team build a lead and maintain it throughout. I think it is time to see a dominating performance and not one where they let them hang around and keep it tight throughout. It is Saturday and I want to relax for a change. I watch those close games and I sometimes feel like I have played every minute myself. Go Zags!
            Minus the senior night against the Long Island School of Nursing and Hydroplane Manufacturing (Miami[OH]).

I hope Steven's hair band stays in place. Hope his knee feels better. His stomach feels better. His shoes slip less and he feels the need to deliver daggers from deep.

Go out with some flair, SG!

Comment

• GoZags
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              Just win, baby !
              Beat usf
              sigpic
              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
              ——-
              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
                every game someone starts this same thread ? I just want to aee win , who brings it about ?, is irrelevant ?
                Actually, there was a weekend when I didn't post this thread and a couple people sent me a private message asking me to continue to post it. So apparently a few people like this thread. HillyBilly, you always have the option of not posting on this thread. Peace brother! Go Zags!!!

Comment

• EuroZag2010
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
                  Wow are you really knocking this thread?

I would like to see steven play a complete game. Harris I want him to have that pissed off look and dominate. Play good defense- create turn overs and win !!
                  "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
                  -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

I was watching St. Mary's blowout San Francisco last week to see if I could see what they did. The game was close at half (2 pts). In the second half, St. Mary's guards played off of USF's guards in order to cut off dribble penetration. It was very successful. I was thinking I'd like to see the Zzags do the same thing, and overplay them. They are fairly good 3 pt shooters, but they mostly shoot the 3 on catch and shoot shots, not off of the dribble. They hurt us a lot by dribble penetration in our last game against them. GU's defensive plan is usually to guard real close. Our guards get right up in their grill. Sometimes, however, this is not effective when your opponent has quick penetrating guards like USF has.

St. Mary's guards were able to dribble penetrate against USF quite easily and either get to the rim (Delladadova) or penetrate and hit the open man inside (McConnell). USF does not play that good of defense, imo. The last time GU played USF we just happened to play worse defense then them.

Let's see some smart play tonight, and hopefully have a really good game plan.

Comment

Steven, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      Elias, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      Sacre, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      Meech, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      Marquise, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      Sam, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      Kelly, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      David, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      The Hoff, playing hard, having fun, and smiling
                      Keita, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      Manny, playing hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      The coaches, coaching hard, having fun, and smiling!
                      The crowd, cheering hard, having fun, and smiling!

If those things are happening, the WIN will happen.

Plus, everybody healthy, and no injuries!!!
                      ZaGranny

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

I really do hope that the crowd is C R A Z Y TONIGHT. It's the last home game in conference, and one of the biggest games there all year. I can hardly wait to H E A R the noise tonight. LET'S GET CRAZY!!!

Comment

• Reborn
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2007

I'm really happy today. Couldn't be happier about the Zags really. It was such a great display of Zag character. And I think I finally saw Carter smile as he was walking to the bench and sitting down, after hitting 3 straight three-pointers. Ha ha ha ha....I'm glad he's serious too. That awkward shot of his looked beautiful last night.

To the man, I'm really proud of their play last night. Their roles are falling into place now, and everyone is playing their part really well. I think Steven had the most smiles on the court that he's had all year. He played a terrific game, especially on D, but his 3 ball began to fall into place as well as he led the Zags in scoring in his last conference game at home. I was glad to see that. He certainly has contributed a lot to Zagdom lore, and I believe his best is still yet to come.

Comment

Working...
                          X