PDA

View Full Version : GBJ Tonight

Angelo Roncalli
02-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Kentridge beat Bethlel by 16 in a loser out game tonight. Kentridge will play Bellarmine Prep tomorrow at 4:15 for a berth to state.

I was impressed with GBJ's play tonight. One of his teammates had the hot hand (the kid hit seven threes including 5 in a row) and Gary was very effective (and content) getting him the ball. GBJ often brings the ball up court and has a strong dribble with both hands. He played hard on defense (Kentridge played man the whole game); he had a very athletic steal at center court that ended up in a tomahawk dunk. He hit a variety of shots including set threes, threes off the dribble and some nice post up shots in the paint. I'm pretty sure his hot-handed teammate was the high scorer for the game.

His on-court demeanor reminds me a little of Blake Stepp, an in control quiet intensity. No showboating, jersey tugging or chest pounding.

Zag79
02-18-2011, 10:18 PM
he had a very athletic steal at center court that ended up in a tomahawk dunk. He hit a variety of shots including set threes, threes off the dribble and some nice post up shots in the paint.

pargo with a 3 ball, and blakes leadership? please, please, please!

cggonzaga
02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Not sure if you've seen him play 79 but he's got a complete game. Maybe not quite as explosive as Pargo but a much better playmaker. He can do everything on offense and should be an incredible defender as well. Can't know for sure but his demeanor in high school would suggest a great leader as well.

VinnyZag
02-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Found the box score (http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/highschool/basketball/boys/index.html?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&ID=32279&season=current) on the Seattle Times site. Bell had 24, Denzel Daniels had 21 in Kentridge's 69-53 win.