PDA

View Full Version : Jim's Preview of GU vs. USF

ID ZAGFAN
02-18-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/18/zags-dons-meet-critical-game/

Not much new, but here's a quote from Mark Few:

“They’ve had a great year,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “Very skilled at the guard spot, very deadly from the 3-point line and adept at driving, much like some of the teams we’ve had in the past, and drawing and kicking.

“They’re kind of the surprise of the league. They’re playing with confidence, if anybody saw the game down there, and feeling good about themselves.”

ZaGranny

Reborn
02-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Zags can't do anything about the past. It's over. But Today is here. And they CAN do something about that. San Francisco will see a different team tonight. I promise you that. I'm smiling. Carter will be the difference between then and now! USF will have to guard Carter.

Yes, USF has really good guards, and GU's are getting better every day. USF has good frontcourt players, and Gonzaga does too. I think the Zags have the better bench, and this could be the key to the game. I think Gonzaga needs to attack the basket more and get them into foul trouble. I think Few has finally found a rotation that works. In the last two week the Zags are finally beginning to play with some cohesiveness and a lot more confidence.

The Zags played very little defense the last time these two teams met. That will not be the case this time. I think the loss to San Francisco was the wake up for the Zags about how poor their defense was. They've been working on it pretty hard since then. I'm looking forward to a game that will be much tougher defensively then the last time. I like San Francisco's team. They're having a great season. However, they are not the Zags. They may remind Mark Few of some past Zag teams, but they are not The Zags! That's the thing that I think will be most evident tonight.