PDA

View Full Version : E's 2nd half

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 07:40 PM
like that. come on man. like that for 40, and whatever happens, happens

GO ZAGS!!!

zag buddy
02-17-2011, 08:00 PM
He had something like 4 turnovers, 3 fouls in 6 minutes. He cannot bull the game anymore. He has to learn to defend and not to cost us turnovers on the offensive end. I don't mind him sitting until he's competent in these areas.

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 08:03 PM
no argument

his 2nd half was different, so like that for 40, not just 20. his 2nd half boards were each big plays.

imagine like that for all 40. I hope. like his 2nd half, for 40.

GO ZAGS!!!

LAZAGFAN11
02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
That's good talk, bballbeachbum:

E needs to just be quick on his feet and aggresive at the same time. He'll be alright. It's like the old man said:

"Be quick, but don't hurry" - John Wooden

Reborn
02-18-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm with ya, beachbum. I loved Harris' play in the second half. He still has a ways to go for sure, but I think he has time to put it all together. The season is closing on us fast, but he's almost there I think. We'll see what happens tonight.

gozagswoohoo
02-18-2011, 06:45 AM
I agree, I did see a flew MORE flashes of Elias 1.0 this game. I think the upgrade from Elias 1.0 to Elias 2.0 must have picked up a virus or something...maybe some spyware?

All I know is that the staff need to complete a bit of a "system restore". It will take time, but maybe start by getting back to the basics, and sending anything extra that was picked up over the last 6 months, take and send that to the trash bin.

I think they should take a few of the html codes from Knight 3.0 and maybe some Pendo 4.0, and try to incorporate those? Heck I dunno, I'm not a programmer guy.

EngineerZag
02-18-2011, 07:35 AM
He also HAS TO turn around and box out his man on EVERY shot. He's killing us on rebounding.

U Zig, I Zag
02-18-2011, 07:40 AM
He also HAS TO turn around and box out his man on EVERY shot. He's killing us on rebounding.

I agree. I think he was getting called for undercutting his guy a few times early in the season and I think he got less aggressive, especially after the injuries. He did better last night, but there is more he can do.

gamagin
02-18-2011, 09:51 AM
like that. come on man. like that for 40, and whatever happens, happens

GO ZAGS!!!

He has hit this plateau and seems to be working very hard to move on up.

Agree he has shown signs of his old self. It's all a matter of getting his confidence & groove back and building a complete game, which is what he came to Gonzaga to do.

Big hope & expectations, meantime, appear to be coming on down the ladder vis a vis what isn't improving fast enough, so there's that to deal with, too. It all shows in his face, actions and movement much of the time. But so, too, do some small signs of progress. and that's a good thing for our team.

Every athlete on the floor is working on something all the time, and has to battle through the frustrations of imperfection while some other guy on your team is trying to take your place and p.t. and yet another guy, in each game, is trying to piss you off, trash talk you, disrupte you and/or trip you and claw you to death.

and just to make it more interesting than high school, or europe, the foes do it faster than most are used to playing or even thinking about it amidst a game in a packed arena under the glaring, judgemental eyes of your friends and your enemies, the rest of the sports world & your coaches, who are grading you to determine your p.t.

For many, the new normal just isn't normal yet. E is one of them.

El Voce
02-18-2011, 09:57 AM
A Couple of E's second half rebounds were unreal, what I like to refer to as Big Boy Rebounds. It is nice to see that he has the elevation back in his game.