GoZags
02-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Go Zags!!!

GU69
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes.

MickMick
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Stockton, Carter, and Dower have come to the forefront.

Steven Gray needs to bring his "A" game. If he can, the Zags will be in the thick of it.

btzag
02-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Not just Gray but Sacre and Harris.

If they could get a good solid game out of Gray, Sacre, Harris, Carter, Stockton and Dower this group will be so tough to beat. However this has not happened all year. Up and down performances by every guy on the roster but the potential is there. Hopefully sickness and injuries are done and just keep winning!

northsidezagfan
02-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Love the fact that Harris was 4-4 from the field, hate the 6 TOs. He'll put it together Saturday.

RenoZag
02-17-2011, 07:30 PM
USF knocked off Portland tonight. Walters' squad will be very tough and full of swagger. Zags will need another gritty effort on Saturday to notch the "W"

bballbeachbum
no Meech love too? come on people, don't be weird. he played well tonight, personally had a big part in turning off the Foster faucet

how about that lineup late with David, Marquise and Meech out there? produced baby!

BEAT USF!!!

EngineerZag
USF won at Portland tonight. It's going to be a dogfight. Glad this one is in our house. Whoever wins gets second place and a shot at first if SMC stumbles.

MDABE80
02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Go Zags!!!

THIS is all that matters..

northsidezagfan
02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
no Meech love too? come on people, don't be weird. he played well tonight, personally had a big part in turning off the Foster faucet

how about that lineup late with David, Marquise and Meech out there? produced baby!

BEAT USF!!!

Seems like the last 4-5 games we get off to a great start and then the offense goes stagnant when Few goes to the bench. Obviously not saying this is purely because of the pg but I wish he would let the starters, especially Meech, play longer than the first 5 minutes. Meech seems to play his best at the beginning of the game like he did tonight. Great energy on defense and porduction on offense. Got us off to a 9 point advantage that we were very fortunate to have when Foster started going off. Stockton was solid in the second half but I really liked how Meech, and subsequently the rest of the team, was playing before Few pulled him. We got off to hot starts in both games down in LA and then cooled off when Few went to the bench so early. Don't want this to come back and bite us.

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 07:44 PM
THIS is all that matters..

exactly...GO ZAGS!!!

gamagin
02-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Seems like the last 4-5 games we get off to a great start and then the offense goes stagnant when Few goes to the bench. Obviously not saying this is purely because of the pg but I wish he would let the starters, especially Meech, play longer than the first 5 minutes. Meech seems to play his best at the beginning of the game like he did tonight. Great energy on defense and porduction on offense. Got us off to a 9 point advantage that we were very fortunate to have when Foster started going off. Stockton was solid in the second half but I really liked how Meech, and subsequently the rest of the team, was playing before Few pulled him. We got off to hot starts in both games down in LA and then cooled off when Few went to the bench so early. Don't want this to come back and bite us.

It doesn't matter to me who is playing, but when we're on a roll, LEAVE EM in !

Very frustrating to watch.

If/when the "run" hits a break, THEN sub in. Few is subbing by the clock instead of the flow, too often, imo. Our foes tend to take advantage while the subs (whoever they are) try and adjust.

kitzbuel
02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Just win, Baby!

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 07:52 PM

those 2 are a unit, looking stronger as such game by game. Few's task is to optimize them as such. tonight they played together down the stretch with MC...fun to watch, and both must be raging to respond when called upon.

gamagin
02-17-2011, 07:53 PM

BEAT USF!!!

he did have a good game. It was interesting to see Meech & david in there, too. kept scu honest.

northsidezagfan
02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
both must be raging to respond when called upon.

And they both were, and the final score showed this. Great to see let's keep it going on Saturday.

Bulldog
02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
It doesn't matter to me who is playing, but when we're on a roll, LEAVE EM in !

Very frustrating to watch.

If/when the "run" hits a break, THEN sub in. Few is subbing by the clock instead of the flow, too often, imo. Our foes tend to take advantage while the subs (whoever they are) try and adjust.

Agree, it takes more than a few possessions to get in the flow, and once they do get going, let them go until the run stops. ?

ZagsObserver
02-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't really care for the lineup of Meech, Carter and Stockton, but the guards carried the team today...when was the last time we were able to confidently say that? Stockton, Carter and Meech all played well, and Gray had a couple of good moments. Harris also showed flashes, but Sacre struggled a bit with the double-team. All-in-all, they aren't a great team this year, but they are fun to watch, and I sincerely hope that they can win out.

gopackgozags
02-17-2011, 08:11 PM
i was only following via the online radio stream and ESPN gamecast, but I still got the impression that Meech was doing an excellent job of getting the Zags off to a great start and jumping on Santa Clara. Then next thing I know,subs are in and we start to hit a rut. At least now when that happens we'll still have Marquise in the game to step up :)

NEC26
02-17-2011, 08:12 PM
i was only following via the online radio stream and ESPN gamecast, but I still got the impression that Meech was doing an excellent job of getting the Zags off to a great start and jumping on Santa Clara. Then next thing I know,subs are in and we start to hit a rut. At least now when that happens we'll still have Marquise in the game to step up :)

Actually the lead climbed to 15 after he left till Gray fouled Foster and Harris got a foul giving it back to them and Foster got 10 points in about 29 seconds. Other than that sequence the zags played pretty well tonight.

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
And they both were, and the final score showed this. Great to see let's keep it going on Saturday.

YES!!!!!!! :cheers:

ZagsObserver
02-17-2011, 08:15 PM
+1 NEC. A series of dumb plays by Harris, Gray + others led to a quick turnaround...mostly lapses on D, which had little to nothing to do with those that subbed in.

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
LMAO at the direction of this BEAT USF thread!!!

BEAT USF!!!

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 08:24 PM
and I sincerely hope that they can win out.

cool...thought that was a given for a GU fan, but again, thanks for clarifying!

next!

ZagsObserver
02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
So BBallBeachBum - What are you trying to achieve by that last comment?

bballbeachbum
02-17-2011, 08:29 PM
achieved

continue?

Bing
02-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Beat USF

MickMick
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM

I disagree with this 100%.

For me, 5 minutes is too long.

MickMick
02-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Actually the lead climbed to 15 after he left till Gray fouled Foster and Harris got a foul giving it back to them and Foster got 10 points in about 29 seconds. Other than that sequence the zags played pretty well tonight.

This.

northsidezagfan
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
For me, 5 minutes is too long.

Why? It worked just fine tonight.

MickMick
02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Why? It worked just fine tonight.

I'm not blinded by the few flashes I have seen all season.

Take a balance scale and put weights on each side.

I still don't care for the way it tips. Gonna take a whole lot more than tonight to make up for what I have seen over the past couple of years. For me, too much weight has been added to one side of the scale.

northsidezagfan
02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
My post refers to Few taking starters out too soon... not just Meech. Seeing how this has not been our starting lineup for the past several years I have no idea what you are talking about when you talk about loading weight on a scale for the past several years. And if you want to judge a player on what he did as a frosh/soph and not recognize his improvement and what he is doing now that is too bad. I'm not turning this into a point guard debate but that is how you are taking it. Yes I mention Meech specifically because he gets yanked the earliest even when he is playing well, so he is the perfect example of my point. But the problem is with Few taking out all the starters way too soon. Let them get us up by 20 points and then let the reserves get more second half minutes. And how you can disagree with the idea of how we have been starting games is beyond me. Look at the last 3 conference games... LMU: up 11 at time of first substitution, only up 9 at half. Pepperdine: up 7 (ignoring fact that rob got subbed for barely after tip due to illness), lead stays around 8 until 3 minutes left in 1st half. Tonight: up 9 at first substitutions, only up 2 at half. My point is not about who should be playing point guard. It is about keeping your foot on the gas and putting a team away in the first half, which we are capable of but do not do. It is extremely frustrating for us to get a lead and have the opportunity go for the jugular but let teams claw back into games.

tobizag
02-18-2011, 05:32 AM
win

Reborn
02-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Beat USF!!!beat usf!!!BEAT USF!!! Get the drums a rollin. Beat USF! Wake up the bunnies! Beat USF!!! There's no restin now. Not until we beat USF!!! Beat usf!!! I'm LMAO 'cause fans say the Zags aint no good this year. Who cares? Just beat USF!!! Who cares if some fans suck? Just beat Usf!!! Beat USF!!! Who cares who's the GUnit of the game? Who cares who scores the points? Who cares about anything but beating USF? Beat USF! Who cares if they wear green or yellow? There's going to be blood on 'em tomorrow!!! Beat USF! I don't care if you think the game is ugly, because I know it's going to be beautiful because we're gonna BEAT USF!!!!

Angelo Roncalli
02-18-2011, 05:42 PM
There's one thing I want you to do for me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2izAQbMuvQ

hondo
02-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Beat usf

Ziggy
02-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Beat usf

What he said!:000tens:

GoZags
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Beat usf

U Zig, I Zag