PDA

View Full Version : Kuso hurt? - UPDATE: injury is minor

4EVERaZAG
06-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Heard today through a friend on campus that Kuso had sustained a knee injury that may require surgery and could keep him out for 6 months. Can anyone else confirm this report?

MickMick
06-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Pure speculation based on the rumor:

Hmmm. He is a senior. How does the eligibility work? Medical redshirt with another year? Well BZ, how does that affect the 2009 class you like so well?

Nevtelen
06-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Hasn't Kuso already used a redshirt year? I thought he had to use one earlier in his career at some point. That could be problematic. Anyway, if i is a 6 month rehabilitation, he could be back at the beginning of the season and perhaps back to form before the conference season.

Hope it's not true. If it is, I hope we don't have any more injuries.

MickMick
06-10-2007, 07:46 PM
It is surviveable. Probably hurts them most from an early season standpoint. You would also like to be at full strength for practice reasons as well. Could put Sacre on the floor even sooner. May get Foster more playing time. Not the worst case scenario.

As I said all speculation at this point. Nothing confirmed so far.

ZagNut08
06-10-2007, 07:47 PM
He came straight out of juco (no redshirt year required to transfer)

Last year was his first at GU.

Not to knock him, but if he can be back for any part of the season I would not redshirt. I liked his effort out there, but we are loaded inside, and I dont see him getting more than 10mpg this season.

From a recruiting standpoint if he were to redshirt it would cost us a scholarship in 2009, which as BZ has pointed out could be an 07 like year for recruiting

Nevtelen
06-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I thought he had had to burn one in JC because of elegibility issues. I was probably wrong, but there was some sort of issue early on with him. That was why he didn't go to Rutgers.

Kaduce
06-10-2007, 08:44 PM
I saw him at Safeway yesterday and he was walking fine...

lothar98zag
06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I thought he had had to burn one in JC because of elegibility issues. I was probably wrong, but there was some sort of issue early on with him. That was why he didn't go to Rutgers.
true - his RS year has been used. Don't know the specific details, but it was used.

Hopefully this rumor turns out to be false. No use worrying about it until something official is said about this.

wazmix
06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
ALERT THE MEDIA !!!!! KUSO SPOTTED AT SAFEWAY !!!!!!!

.........hopefully just minding his own business, buying (legal) mushrooms.

Film at 11.

(Coming up Monday on KREM............Bouldin spotted at the barber !!!!)

:D

GonzagaLove
06-11-2007, 06:06 AM
I hope this news turns out to be just rumor. I think the Senior version of Kuso will be one key to our success this year.

kitzbuel
06-11-2007, 12:12 PM
ALERT THE MEDIA !!!!! KUSO SPOTTED AT SAFEWAY !!!!!!!

.........hopefully just minding his own business, buying (legal) mushrooms.

Film at 11.

(Coming up Monday on KREM............Bouldin spotted at the barber !!!!)

:D

Maybe he is getting married there!

sittingon50
06-11-2007, 02:43 PM
To J.P.'s girlfriend? Great, more bad headlines!;)

sanfranzagsguy20
06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
this thread has been up since last night and no mod has confirmed or denied this yet...reason please? seems like this sort of thing is right up your alley...

4EVERaZAG
06-11-2007, 05:05 PM
this thread has been up since last night and no mod has confirmed or denied this yet...reason please? seems like this sort of thing is right up your alley...

I have been hoping for the same thing. I wasn't trying to post based on pure rumor. The girl who told me was told by one of her good friends who said she had spoken with Kuso...however everyone has played the game telephone in elementary school and the more people information goes through the more twisted it can get. I was hoping that somebody else could confirm or hopefully deny what I had heard.

BobZag
06-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Practically the entire athletic department is at a fundraising golf tourney today near Seattle.

sanfranzagsguy20
06-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Practically the entire athletic department is at a fundraising golf tourney today near Seattle.

good enough for me; let us know when you hear anything

Angelo Roncalli
06-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Kuso's injury is minor. He's fine. He will be back working out in a week.

Nevtelen
06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Great to hear!

BobZag
06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Kuso's injury is minor. He's fine. He will be back working out in a week.

Very minor is what I hear.

Splash! A common sound when Angelo is playing golf. :D

GonzagaGurl08
06-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Very minor is what I hear.

Splash! A common sound when Angelo is playing golf. :D

Glad to hear that Kuso's injury is minor. We will need him banging bodies in the post. BZ- you make me laugh. Angelo I hope that not too many of your balls go into the water hazards.

Angelo Roncalli
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Splash! A common sound when Angelo is playing golf.

When I play golf, I am fully in touch with all aspects of nature, not just water. There was contact yesterday with many varieties of native flora and a near miss with a black-tail deer grazing nearby. I also had the chance to perform a spontaneous impact test on some L-P siding on a house next to the 13th fairway. I am on a one man crusade to popularize the practice of "spray hitting" in golf.

GonzagaGurl08
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
When I play golf, I am fully in touch with all aspects of nature, not just water. There was contact yesterday with many varieties of native flora and a near miss with a black-tail deer grazing nearby. I also had the chance to perform a spontaneous impact test on some L-P siding on house next to the 13th fairway. I am on a one man crusade to popularize the practice of "spray hitting" in golf.

Sounds like what happens when I play golf. I'm not very good, I took lessons back in grade school. but never really enjoyed it. I prefer driving the cart and keeping score. Maybe I'll get back into it someday.

yakzag
06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
You may need to regrip your ball retreiver.

4EVERaZAG
06-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks Angelo, good to hear he will be fine. Six days, six months same thing right?

mdZag23
06-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I talked to him on Saturday and he has tendonitis in his knee. He has been told to take 2 weeks off and it is fairly typical with all the running and speed quickness work that they have been doing!