PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't at the game, but...

ZagPhD
02-10-2007, 09:54 PM
When I read about the dunk and lay-up at the end of the game - I instantly thought that we may have had a little bit of showmanship on our end. I can't say that I approve of it, but after seeing the dunk on SportCenter I can't say I disapprove of it either. However, I hope these guys remember to continue to play with character representative of our fine institution.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-10-2007, 10:06 PM
I thought the Pargo dunk was appropriate. I don't think the game was absolutely over yet had SM hit a 3 on their possession preceeding the dunk --that sealed it in grand fashion --something this team needed. Just my take on it.

SoCalZag
02-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Mallon almost looked like the didn't want to lay it in at the end - but nobody was even close, so it seemed like he just put it up because he was already there. I didn't feel like there was any showmanship going on - but it was good to see Pargo smiling and having a good time after that highlight reel dunk.

adoptedzag
02-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't think Mallon's layup was too much showmanship. He was literally the only player on that half of the court. The clock was winding down and really, it was a very casual layup as time expired (less than 1 second on the clock when it was all said and done, I think). Kinda like he was in the gym alone and bored just shooting.

The Pargo dunk was kinda showman, but showy in a game context, cause there was still >25 seconds left in the game. It was kinda like "there, NOW the game's over".

Could have done without the Mallon layup, but it wasn't like the allie-oop (sp) at the end of the WSU game or anything.

TheBeast
02-11-2007, 01:03 AM
We all needed that Pargo dunk. I don't care who you are... Everyone can understand it. It's not like it was a freebie, either. After nine or ten hours of being sick to my stomach, Pargo's dunk made me feel good. Not in a selfish way; it just made me feel good. Mallon's layup was nothing but a "I'm all by myself and really have no choice," bucket. Good for him. I really enjoyed this game... St. Mary's hung in there. It was not an easy win, but we earned it.

rawkmandale
02-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Pargo's dunk left my hands shaking, and my brain telling me "I can't believe what I just saw!" I needed that on a tough day.

Thank you, Jeremy, and God Bless.

upan8th
02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Ummm, sorry, but some ZAG fans who value an occasional sporting proposition were extremely grateful for Mallon's gratuitous layup (the line was nine).:p

AllezZags
02-11-2007, 10:35 AM
...would have no problems with Pargo's dunk. An exclamation point to the WCC that the Zags are not going away quietly.

ZagPhD
02-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Ummm, sorry, but some ZAG fans who value an occasional sporting proposition were extremely grateful for Mallon's gratuitous layup (the line was nine).:p

Of course! It almost slipped my mind until Bally's deposited my winnings into my account this morning. Thanks Mallon!

:D

Bocco
02-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I think the Pargo dunk and the Mallon layin were in response to the ally-oop slam dunk by St. Marys at the end of the game in Moraga when GU was just giving token pressure waiting for the clock to wind down to the end. A little do unto others as they do unto you.

Psychozag
02-11-2007, 01:04 PM
That dunk was in the flow of the game; SMC was still fouling and jacking up threes (the dunk was started from a fastbreak off a badly missed three). And Pargo's dunk was off the charts, a thing of beauty; I needed it after a really ####e day. I hope to see some more of those dunks the remainder of the season.

nosebleedzag
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Both totally appropriate plays. I was also very proud of the crowd as a whole at K2. More energy than there has been in awhile and even the fans that usually sit were really involved.

meadgrad02
02-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree nosebleedzag, I was nervous before the game cause i thought the crowd would be very subdued because of the events of the day, and that our home court record could really be in jeopardy, but the crowd got after it from the beginning and really helped pick this team up on the ground after a terrible day. Great game. Great crowd support.

ZagPhD
02-11-2007, 03:54 PM
...the team surely needed the energy boost. I hope the fans "bring it" for the game against Santa Clara on Monday night. It's a HUGE game.

I need to my buns into a game at K2 something fierce! It sounds like an incredible game experience!

ZagPhD

Zag79
02-12-2007, 12:25 PM
we need to be that loud again for tonights huge game! lets get em!

wazZag
02-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I anticipate one of the loudest crowds of the year tonight. The crowd was strong against St. Mary's, but I think the fans understand what is on the line tonight. Rather than expecting another victory as they have come to over the past 50 home games I think they know that it's going to take some good play to pull it out. I can't wait.