PDA

View Full Version : Girl Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynetteG
06-09-2007, 02:46 PM
The filly Rags to Riches won the Belmont Stakes today!! Only the 3rd filly in history to do so, and the first in 105 years!!!!!!!!! We saw history folks!! It was an awesome race!!!!!!!!!!!

jbslicer
06-09-2007, 04:19 PM
No offense but they all look the same.

mtzaga
06-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I watch three horse races per year. FWIW...I thought it was exciting.
I want to see another Triple Crown winner.

LynetteG
06-10-2007, 09:52 AM
No offense but they all look the same.

yes, but they aren't! 3 year old girls are not as filled out as the boys because they don't have the testosterone to fill out their bodies, like the boys do. In horse racing, boys cannot race in girl races, but girls can race with the boys, if they are capable. Consider that there have only been 2 other fillies that have won this race, and the last was in 1905!!!!!!! (I was wrong above, first time in 102 years, not 105). There are not many fillies that can run with the boys, and at that level. This was really really REALLY a neat thing to see, and like I said, whether you know it or not, WE ALL WERE WITNESS TO HISTORY! This is something that will surely not repeat itself in our livetimes!

Here's the video on youtube. She is #7 with a big wide white streak down her nose. The horse she beats is the favorite, Curlin, and he was #3. Her name is Rags to Riches! When they come down the stretch she is on the outside and Curlin is next to the rail. Also note that when they break from the gate she stumbles pretty good. The fact that she overcame that AND raced really wide (far off the rail) the whole way around, AND beat the boys, this was incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFdCxSfNJk

Dogtownkid
06-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Very exciting!