• GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Beat Santa Clara

Go Zags!
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.
  • 77Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

+1

Go Zags !
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• jbslicer
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

And go Pilots. Two wins by Portland would be nice.

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Beat Santa Clara! Beat Santa Clara! Beat Santa Clara! Beat Santa Clara!

It's a mantra that I'll be saying all week.

One game at a time!!!

Go Zags!
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• ZagAddict
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

This week will determine our seeding going into the WCC Tournament. Win both games we seem to be in good position to get the #2 seed in the WCC Tournament. If we struggle, it's going to be much more difficult to win the WCC Tournament in March. We need the best seed possible going into the tournament to have the best chance possible to win in Vegas. It's as simple as that...

Comment

• bballbeachbum
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2008

just wish I could be there in person after enduring that 'bravo siera' at the Leavey Center in person (thanks Hillbilly )

Beat Santa Clara!

Comment

• ZagAddict
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
              And go Pilots. Two wins by Portland would be nice.
              +1

I'll definitely be a Pilot fan from here on out for the regular season. Keep in mind that SMC's only loss was to Portland and they have one more head-to-head game. SMC may have beat USF last night, but they still have to get past Portland and GU... there is a glimmer of hope for GU and SMC sitting atop the WCC at the end of the year as co-champions (each 11-3).

More importantly, Portland can help with our seeding for the WCC tournament... GO PILOTS!

Comment

• ZagSports
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2011

I was looking at the standings and thinking about it too... and in a perfect world Gonzaga would win out and SMC would drop two.

But personally I would rather face SF over Portland in the WCC tournament.... If we ask Portland to "win-out" as well, that would make them the number 3 seed and us the number 2 seed. So in a way it would be smart to maybe hope for Portland to lose to SF?? THat would make the UP vs SMC game much much more important for Portland. I know in previous years we've wanted to always play the better WCC teams to help our seeding in the big dance, but with an uncertain year if we can even make it, wouldn't we be wanting an easier road

1) SMC vs 4) Portland
                2)Gu vs 3)SF

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Portland beats SMC again and GU beats SMC this time, we're in. Key to everything is to win the rest of the games. We still have good chance.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Beat Santa Clara

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                    Go Zags!
                    I approve of this post.
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• GrizZAG
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2009

Key to Wins

Gents, get Pi...'d off and get some attitude going. Will your way to these wins. It is the only way you will prevail on the road with two tough opponenents. Show the naysayers on this board and the doubters that you are what we think you are. Take no hostages..impose your will...get er done men.

That simple...the talent is THERE! USE IT!
                      One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                        • Feb 2007

Go Zags!
                        Go Pilots!
                        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozags View Post
                          go zags!
                          this.
                          Last edited by MDABE80; 02-15-2011, 11:09 AM. Reason: mmmmm

Comment

• bullzag23
                            Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by ZagSports View Post
                            I was looking at the standings and thinking about it too... and in a perfect world Gonzaga would win out and SMC would drop two.

But personally I would rather face SF over Portland in the WCC tournament.... If we ask Portland to "win-out" as well, that would make them the number 3 seed and us the number 2 seed. So in a way it would be smart to maybe hope for Portland to lose to SF?? THat would make the UP vs SMC game much much more important for Portland. I know in previous years we've wanted to always play the better WCC teams to help our seeding in the big dance, but with an uncertain year if we can even make it, wouldn't we be wanting an easier road

1) SMC vs 4) Portland
                            2)Gu vs 3)SF
                            Not sure if you've noticed but we beat UP twice, including in their gym. How exactly is USF an easier road? They (or us, not really sure which) made our defense look like swiss cheese. At least against UP we were able to play our game (whatever that is this year) and do what we wanted. While I agree it's difficult to beat the same team 3 times in one year, our fans travel so well, especially in Vegas, that the 3rd meeting is practically a home game.

The flip side to this however, is if UP gets the 4 seed and lines up opposite of SMC and manages a 2nd win, well I wouldn't complain about seeing UP in the finals.
                            A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
                            Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
                            Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• bigblahla
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

At SCU we got mugged, buggered and thieved. We physically got handled and must be prepared for that type of war again.

However, if true to WCC form the zebras will probably be calling hand checks minor bumps and continuations to muddy and slow the play on the court.

Beat SCU.

Go!! Zags!!!
                              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Working...
                              X