• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Portlandia, redux

At first, I thought Portlandia was comedic satire.

Now I realize it may actually be a documentary.

-Walking on campus, one's attention is immediately attracted by the sea of "Keep Portland Purple" signs. Is there some nefarious movement underway to change Portland to taupe? or fuchsia? or magenta?

-Sign in Portland student section: "Few can stop the Pilots." OK

-Very tribal hip hop song blared on the PA (I'll get to that) before Pilot introductions. It made me want to collect a group of my closest friends and go out and get matching piercings.

-The PA system. UP has a beautiful new scoreboard with video and other cool stuff. But the PA system sounds like it was scavenged from a '36 Willys sound truck:

-Halftime. Some of the usual activities...then the student section pours out of the stands and everyone dances...on the floor. Kind of reminded me of the dance scene in Caddyshack.

-The dancing kid. He hit the floor during one of the second half timeouts. More moves than a box of Ex-Lax. He (deservedly) received the biggest hand of the night.

-3 point give away. The Kennel has Wendy's, Chiles has Chipotle. 10 Pilot 3's gets you a certificate for chips and guacamole at Chipotle. I gave my certificate to Bowser. With two certificates in hand, he's prepared to take his wife out for their anniversary dinner.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • hondo
    Zag for Life
    • May 2009

Bowser is my hero.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
      -3 point give away. The Kennel has Wendy's, Chiles has Chipotle. 10 Pilot 3's gets you a certificate for chips and guacamole at Chipotle. I gave my certificate to Bowser. With two certificates in had, he's prepared to take his wife out for their anniversary dinner.
      What does the Jenny Craig Pavilion give out and have they been able to give it out at all during this season?
      IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Bowser
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

Yo Pope:

Glad to find you after the little post game "problem". The free chips and guac will go great with those little packets of mild sauce from Taco Bell. This will be an anniversary to remember and I owe it all to you.

Your Pal, Bowser

Comment

• jbslicer
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Spokane could use a Chipotle.

Comment

• EuroZag2010
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2010

The pilot fans claim some of the zags purposefully stomped onto the "P" at tge end of te game they are enraged I think the zags were celebrating then stomping on the P
            "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
            -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
              Bleeds Bulldog Blue
              • Feb 2007

Addendum

-and the Teletubbies. I wonder how they lost so much weight?
              You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• sullyzag66
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by EuroZag2010 View Post
                The pilot fans claim some of the zags purposefully stomped onto the "P" at tge end of te game they are enraged I think the zags were celebrating then stomping on the P
                The team did show a little more "attitude" after the game than I remember in previous years--especially Sacre. He was really enjoying the moment.

Comment

• DCZag
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Aug 2009

Don't like the guys celebrating - easy, score more than they do

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I particularly enjoyed their chanting "this is our house"...in the 1st half.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DCZag View Post
                      Don't like the guys celebrating - easy, score more than they do
                      Yes, god forbid a player who just had a monstrous game against a damn good team, a team mind you, that a whole bunch of people on this board predicted would beat our beloved Zags, would celebrate this W. Shame on you Sacre, shame on you Zags. How dare you show elation when you win.

Comment

• djdallaszag
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                        I particularly enjoyed their chanting "this is our house"...in the 1st half.
                        I thought that was funny too. Maybe instead of a taunt like normally done at the end of a win, they were just giving everyone a friendly reminder that the gym that this particular game was being played is where they play all of their home games.

Comment

• DCZag
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Aug 2009

Actually - with our record there it's more like our house!

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

And as Angelo mentioned, the students rushed the court (at halftime). I think there was just a lot of general confusion.

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• EuroZag2010
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2010

Sikma cried worse then morrison did after the ucla loss, i did like him until last nights game with the moaning and grunting all the time and flopping trying to get calls and he did which is a b!$%! move but whatever works for u i guess...
                              "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
                              -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

Working...
                              X