PDA

View Full Version : Great Defensive Performance

Zag4Hire
02-04-2011, 07:26 AM
I didn't see it mentioned many times but how great was the play to seal the game when Sacre, put his hands straight up, avoided contact by Mitrovic, and stuffed the shot? That is textbook defense and doesn't seem to be too common in college hoops because everybody wants the highlight swat of sending the ball into the cheap seats. This is further highlighted by Gray's previous foul. Is it just me or does it seem that Gray must lead the league (possibly nation) with fouls on a 3 point shot? He had this trend for a while last year and touch-n-go this year but c'mon. Don't leave your feet but get in their grill! Also it was nice to see quite a few steals especially DS anticipating the breakout pass by Mitrovic. This led to many more fastbreak points than I believe we have been used to this season. Great job guys and keep plugging along!

MickMick
02-04-2011, 07:37 AM
The Zags didn't turn over the ball.

Give an opponent 20 extra possessions and they will put up 75+ every time.

The defense is the same defense the Zags have had all year. The Carter and Stockton tandem was almost error free when it came to turnovers. In fact, Stockton was the guy taking the ball away and scoring.

Zag4Hire
02-04-2011, 07:56 AM
The Zags didn't turn over the ball.

Give an opponent 20 extra possessions and they will put up 75+ every time.

The defense is the same defense the Zags have had all year. The Carter and Stockton tandem was almost error free when it came to turnovers. In fact, Stockton was the guy taking the ball away and scoring.

The stats would reflect your sentiments and I wouldn't disagree but there seemed to be a good number of solid examples of quality defense and diving for loose balls that were nonexistent in a number of games.