Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

Down 17-4 and Stockton comes in

Sure wish Few wouldn't wait that long.
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

it just doesn't matter
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• northsidezagfan
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by kclubfounder View Post
      Sure wish Few wouldn't wait that long.
      stockton would have done nothing about portland going 5-5 from 3

Comment

• kclubfounder
        Zag for Life
        • Aug 2007

Stockton is the best player on the court right now (with a couple minutes left in the 1st half), and nobody is even a close 2nd.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by northsidezagfan View Post
          stockton would have done nothing about portland going 5-5 from 3
          That's what's called a "hypothetical".

Down 17-4 when David entered the game. Score since, Zags up18-7. That's what's called a "fact".

Comment

• bballbeachbum
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post

Down 17-4 when David entered the game. Score since, Zags up18-7. That's what's called a "fact".
            no arguments

WIN!!!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post

And no other players were on the court at the same time????? It was all Stockton?????

Look, I like Stockton, think he is a good player, but try and get past the name people. If his name wasn't what it is you'd all be throwing him into the fire with Meech.
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• allnet59
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Dec 2009

Stockton makes the offense flow meech doesnt period. To bad Harris is missing in action once again.

Comment

• kclubfounder
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                  And no other players were on the court at the same time????? It was all Stockton?????

Look, I like Stockton, think he is a good player, but try and get past the name people. If his name wasn't what it is you'd all be throwing him into the fire with Meech.
                  I think you should re-watch that 1st half.

Seriously.

Comment

• NEC26
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Wrong, has nothing to do with the name and everything to do with results on the court. If this was one time I suppose you could make that argument but they play so much better every time. It has to do with a point guard that makes his teammates better. Stockton does that Meech does not or at least not as well.

Comment

• ZagMania
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Feb 2007

It certainly wasn't the name for me because I was plenty skeptical at the start of the year. He gives our offense a lift, plays smart defense, and seems to always be in the right spot. Now I'd pick Douglas or a lot of unheralded WCC guards from other teams but Stockton gives us the best from what we have at the spot right now.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2009

It has happened so many times now that the team goes on a first half run when DS comes in, after struggling. Happened before Dower started playing much too. DS has been the one constant. He's the player that gets the offense in a flow. Regardless of whoever else is in the game with him.

It's a pattern. Just what I see. I'd say the same if it was Carter doing it. Nothing to do with his name. Everything to do with oncourt results.

Comment

• northsidezagfan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2009

Agreed. Stockton did some good things in the first half (couple assists and a steal) but I would attribute a lot of his +/- to Sacre finally making shots inside and Carter/Gray locking up Stohl/Mitrovic. After those two hit 6 3s to start the game they barely shot the rest of the half. I would say that was just as big of a factor in our comeback as anything Stockton did. It wasn't Meech's fault those two went off and it wasn't his fault nobody could buy a bucket while he was in.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
                            Wrong, has nothing to do with the name and everything to do with results on the court. If this was one time I suppose you could make that argument but they play so much better every time. It has to do with a point guard that makes his teammates better. Stockton does that Meech does not or at least not as well.
                            From game to game it varies, but there are just as many times this season that the offense has sputtered when he has been on the court. Many times it ISN'T because of him, just like many times it ISN'T because of Meech. Lets just be happy that they even found a spark so far tonight rather than heaping blame.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gamagin
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

try not to fall too much in love with your theory

Originally posted by kclubfounder View Post
                              Stockton is the best player on the court right now (with a couple minutes left in the 1st half), and nobody is even a close 2nd.
                              The problem was all those treys and us losing rebounds. Meech wasn't in there long enough to raise anyone's ire. That said, David's doing a great job so far.

Waiting for Steven & EH to light up is like waiting for Godot. SD & MM before were getting schooled by Sikma (a wily senior vs. two freshmen) and others.
                              Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                              Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                              Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                              X