PDA

View Full Version : Momentum changers

roxdoc
06-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Several posters have touched on a subject that I wonder about. We all have seen what a great job of adding spirited play, when we need it, that Pendo gives off the bench. I think this year’s team will have more game changing substitutions possibilities than ever. When it seems like the other side is getting some momentum, some flow, going – how about putting Foster in to make people try to change shots and disturb the rhythm. Or LG to create some chaos. Any other possibilities?

CDC84
06-07-2007, 07:25 AM
I think Ira Brown could serve as that guy....kind of like how Erroll Knight was a great energy guy coming off the bench. Brown is also a vocal leader that will bring a lot of maturity to the floor. The guy is a grown man. Like Pendo, he also plays with a non-stop motor. Moreover, with his 42 inch vertical, a fast break slam dunk or a put back slam by him could totally turn the momentum of a game around.

I can't wait to see the Kennel Club's reaction the first time that guy puts one down at K2 at the tail end of a fast break.

jpwils
06-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Austin Daye- 6-10 inch small forward or power forward depending on need.
Can block a shot, make an opponent change his shot, and brings offense
every time out.

Kuso might serve this purpose by playing fewer minutes but more energized ones-blocking a shot, setting a hard pick, and rolling to the hoop.

Could insert "Twin Towers"-Foster and Sacre at same time.

LG can disrupt in a variety of ways.

Gray might come in and hit a few shots to spread a defense.

Browns talents already have been chronicled.

sittingon50
06-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I like that thought jp; had never pondered it. Can you imagine the looks the opponents would give & the outloud conversations as Will & Rob enter the floor & defensive match-ups are called out (argued)!

JLGutrocks
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
with Josh bumping to the 3 and Downs to the 2.

Scary.

brasszag
06-07-2007, 11:50 AM
with Josh bumping to the 3 and Downs to the 2.

Scary.

Nah - I'd say put Micah at point, and have 6'10" Daye be the 2... since they're both pretty quick on their feet.

sonuvazag
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Nah - I'd say put Micah at point, and have 6'10" Daye be the 2... since they're both pretty quick on their feet. Pargo and Bouldin mope on the sidelines wishing they were a little bit taller.

gonzagulous
06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Ronny was the biggest momentum changer in recent history - I was always a big fan of him coming off the bench a few minutes into the game. I don't think anyone on this team is going to be able to match his charisma, but I'm hoping Daye can develop as much court presence as Ronny had.

Zag79
06-10-2007, 10:53 PM
i hope he shoots better fts down the stretch than ro'... ;)