PDA

View Full Version : My first talk with RayG

BobZag
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
What an incredibly nice, personable man to talk to. Zag fans are really going to take a liking to him, especially those who have a chance to meet him and chat a while. He'll go out of his way to talk to you, and only you.

He's informative, sharp and knows his stuff. And I think he'll really connect with the players, the recruits, old Zags, parents, etc.

Anymore and it'll sound like I'm gushing. I'll simply say, he's a great addition and does nothing but enhance GU's future, on and off the court.

You'll all like Ray a lot.

(No, we didn't talk about GU's defense, hahah)

mendiant
06-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Funny, i was just thinking this VERY DAY...

I need to make a "Welcome Ray" sign for our season opener in the kennel next year.

And I hope Holland gets the Eastern post.

Birddog
06-07-2007, 05:28 AM
And I hope Holland gets the Eastern post.

Is this a possibility? or is it just some local speculation? That would be quite a culture shock going from USD and San Diego to Eastern and Cheney.

Birddog

TheZagPhish
06-07-2007, 06:57 AM
That would be quite a culture shock going from USD and San Diego to Eastern and Cheney.

No doubt, but imagine the weather shock! They just don't have weather like ours in always placid San Diego. Our weather is moodier than a French art-house flick.

Nevtelen
06-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Is this a possibility? or is it just some local speculation? That would be quite a culture shock going from USD and San Diego to Eastern and Cheney.

Birddog

Holland has been quoted in the paper as being interested in the Eastern job. I don't know if Eastern is interested in him, but IMO they could do a lot worse than an established head-coach with a track record of graduating his players.

BobZag
06-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Birddog, Holland should get the job, he's the frontrunner. He was born in Billings, MT. Not exactly Tahiti. :)

sonuvazag
06-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Our weather is moodier than a French art-house flick.
Most like J.L. Godard's Contempt, and don't ask me what the movie means. I had to watch it in film school. The title actually describes my attitude for Godard.

a13coach
06-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Holland has been quoted in the paper as being interested in the Eastern job. I don't know if Eastern is interested in him, but IMO they could do a lot worse than an established head-coach with a track record of graduating his players.

Brad Holland possibly in our back yard. I bet he is just licking his chops to get that job. After all when things do not go his way doesn't he blame GU? :D

jbslicer
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey BobZag, if you ask mtzaga, he'll tell you Billings is in the "banana belt" of Montana. They can golf almost year round.

sonuvazag
06-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Brad Holland possibly in our back yard. I bet he is just licking his chops to get that job. After all when things do not go his way doesn't he blame GU? :D
Academic standards at EWU are going to have to go up to meet his ethics.

BobZag
06-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey BobZag, if you ask mtzaga, he'll tell you Billings is in the "banana belt" of Montana. They can golf almost year round.

Yes, but you told me at a game once that mtzaga was a little "off" and to not believe him, or was that supposed to be hush hush? :)

sittingon50
06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
:lmao:

azzagfan
06-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm pulling for Ryan Looney from Eastern Oregon University. Class guy, relates great with kids, turned a program that has never been good at Eastern Oregon into what looks to be a perrennial contender in their conference. In 3 years went from 6 wins to the most wins in school history. EWU could use some energy infused into their program especially after this latest story. Looney's young (31), smart, emphasizes academics and is a local guy (CV grad). Apparently he is in the running according to the S-R (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/ewu/), but I'm sure EWU will find someone that no one in the Spokane area can get excited about. Check out Looney's profile here (http://www.eou.edu/athletics/mbx/coachingstaff.html).