PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reisman

Angelo Roncalli
06-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Reisman recently signed with Everett of the IBL.

cggonzaga
06-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Always felt he was under utilized here.

BobZag
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Reisman caught the staff totally off guard when he left. They thought he was going to be really good and had big plans for him. Raivio came about July 1 and Reisman quit a week later. We lost a legit defender and great athleticism. It left the staff with frosh Derek being the only real backup for Blake, so Bankhead had to learn some PG, not your ideal guy as PG.

It's good to see he is still playing. He was always nice to me.

I saw Tyler Amaya mentioned on an European site not long ago, so the Mount Vernon boys are still going strong.

lothar98zag
06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Always felt he was under utilized here.
I'll have to disagree. I think he played about as much as he should have played as a Frosh - actually roughly the same as a Frosh Raivio. He was up & down, hot & cold, sometimes out of control as a frosh, again like DR. It's too bad he left when he did, he probably would have played more and produced more his So yr.

mendiant
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
We got the guy we needed...

Derek did us proud throughout his time at GU. Always a ZAG.

There was some controversy surrounding Riesman and Amaya. There was the accused questionable behaviour of the two while in SF..racist accusation against an asian american there. The team backed them up...

I persoanlly saw some crappy behaviour when Reismann would ignore a wide open Gourde for another player...As a solid Gourde fan, PISSED ME OFF!!!

Then there was the parental coaching issue...Reisman apparently deserved more PT???? As a FROSH....

FEW is the coach...'nough said.

MY PERSONAL OPINION...

never liked either one of them. Was NOT surprised when they left, in fact relieved.

VinnyZag
06-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Never heard all that bad stuff about Reisman back then ... it was before I discovered the Gonzaga board.
I do remember liking him a lot as a player and wondering why he flew the coop. So thanks for answering some nearly-forgotten questions.

LargeWilliam
06-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Amaya is also playing for Everett. Played in Holland during the last season.

BobZag
06-07-2007, 08:42 AM
We got the guy we needed...

Derek did us proud throughout his time at GU. Always a ZAG.

There was some controversy surrounding Riesman and Amaya. There was the accused questionable behaviour of the two while in SF..racist accusation against an asian american there. The team backed them up...

I persoanlly saw some crappy behaviour when Reismann would ignore a wide open Gourde for another player...As a solid Gourde fan, PISSED ME OFF!!!

Then there was the parental coaching issue...Reisman apparently deserved more PT???? As a FROSH....

FEW is the coach...'nough said.

MY PERSONAL OPINION...

never liked either one of them. Was NOT surprised when they left, in fact relieved.

Why the venom? Reisman was a frosh, he made mistakes. Whatever.

mendiant
06-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Why the venom? Reisman was a frosh, he made mistakes. Whatever.

Well dear, I must say the frosh excuse for bad behaviour is lame, and is insulting to those kids that are hardworking and responsible throughout their college and even high school years. I knew and know a lot of those kids.

Why must we somehow insist that the high school and college years are a right of passage consisting of stupid selfish deeds??? And further that it is ok and even excusable???

Shall we apply the "he's just a kid" excuse to the recent controversy on this board?? Or is that only applicable to certain bb players depending on the offfense?

I love ya Bob...

And you know darn well I'm an opinionated broad...

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's "venom", just the way I felt about the subjects at hand...which by the way, I had not expressed until now.