PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meehan San Diego Pre-game

ZagNative
01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
From the Spokesman-Review (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/jan/28/zags-focus-san-diego-game/):

“We have to stay dialed into what the coaches are saying and get better,” senior guard Steven Gray said. “Like Coach (Mark) Few was saying, take it day by day and stop looking at the big picture and look at where we could be, what might happen. We need to take it bit by bit and chip away.”
“This is a small thing to a giant, which means you can’t let this little thing (Thursday’s loss) affect everything else,” GU center Rob Sacre said. “We’re going to be more physical than we were (against Saint Mary’s) and play every game like it’s our last.”

Reborn
01-28-2011, 09:50 PM
From the Spokesman-Review (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/jan/28/zags-focus-san-diego-game/):

I hope these guys truly mean what they say, and that they soon begin to walk their talk. I am disappointed in both of these guys. These are our leaders, and it's high time they begin to play like it....Im glad to hear them say what they did. They are no longer KING of the hill, and now they will have to fight with everything they have to reclaim that hill.

ZagNative
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Optimistically, I posted this link, but I said to myself, "How long before the first negative post?"

I'm disappointed it was you, Reborn, expecially considering your post earlier this evening ...

Think of the positive things on this team, and there are many. Let's get our focus as fans back on to the positve things we can say about the team. If we hope the team turns things around starting tomorrow, let's also hope that we fans can do the same thing.

MJ777
01-28-2011, 10:27 PM
The Zags need to care for the ball better and value each possession. Feed the Beasts (Sacre and Dower) and the beasts need to pass it to the open man when doubled. That shouldn't mean Goodwin should be firing up 3s because he is open (late in close games anyway), but the team needs to move the ball better with the pass and use the dribble to better it's shooting position or passing angles. Don't dribble, dribble, dribble into traffic and get stripped or commit a foul. JMHO.

RenoZag
01-29-2011, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the link, Z-N.

As for Reborn, he's not doing anything different than he usually does. In love with the Zags one day, upset with them the next. Pretty typical fan behavior.

zagfaninmt
01-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Thanks for being you, ZN. Steady as she goes.

Reborn
01-29-2011, 06:26 AM
I thought the article was great, ZN. I was really glad to read those quotes, and I DO believe they are going to make some changes. I have a lot of faith in these guys. I apologize for expressing my frustrations. I am working harder now at not doing that.

I have tried to be a good fan, and support all the guys every year. This year has been more challenging and I am sure I HAVE NOT done as good a job supporting them as I would like to. I know Im not perfect thats for sure. And apparently thats pretty obvious. Please accept my apologies.

vandalzag
01-29-2011, 08:06 AM
I thought the article was great, ZN. I was really glad to read those quotes, and I DO believe they are going to make some changes. I have a lot of faith in these guys. I apologize for expressing my frustrations. I am working harder now at not doing that.

I have tried to be a good fan, and support all the guys every year. This year has been more challenging and I am sure I HAVE NOT done as good a job supporting them as I would like to. I know Im not perfect thats for sure. And apparently thats pretty obvious. Please accept my apologies.

Clearly you need to take the Internet more seriously.