• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

I won't give up and I won't quit

Yes, last nite and today were not good days for sure. However, one thing about me is that I don't stay down very long. I just don't have it in my psyche. As disappointing as these last 3 losses were, and especially last night in K2, I am no longer disappointed in the team. I watched the game again tonight and it was a great game. It was even clearer to me the second time I watched the game how one-sided the reffing was in the last 7 minutes of the game. It was horrible. It was. Gray's 4th fould was a joke, and so was Rob's. Gray's came while fighting though a screen. Rob didn't do anything at all on his 4th. Anyway.

My point is that when I was watching the game again tonight I could see that Gonzaga is every bit as good as St. Mary's. We fought every bit as hard as they did, we played tougher actually. It was equal right down to the last shot. In my opinion the last two games were down to the last shot. It took a great shot by McConnel to beat the Zags.

The season goes on beginning tomorrow. Do the Zags quit and give up, like so many fans have now done? Or will they wake up tomorrow and start over with a new resolve? This team still has a chance, and if they don't believe that 100% then they are not Zags!!! And I know they are. It takes a certain type of character to rise up out of the ashes. St. Mary's did it last year, and the Zags are capable of doing it this year.

I hope people who blog here will stop talking about next year. PLEASE. Please!! I implore you to not give up so easily. It's easy to quit. It's the easiest thing in life. Take the tougher route and continue to believe with all you have. Take a risk and be a Kool-aid drinker. Buy a new pair of rose colored glasses. Whatever it takes, just try to find something inside yourself to NOT GIVE UP. NOT UNTIL THE VERY LAST SECOND OF THE LAST GAME.

Think of the positive things on this team, and there are many. Let's get our focus as fans back on to the positve things we can say about the team. If we hope the team turns things around starting tomorrow, let's also hope that we fans can do the same thing.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • dazags
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2007

+1
    Great post. Agree totally with you!

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

I challenge each of you to try to convince 5 people by next Thursday that the Zags season is not over, and that they have a very good chance to make it to the BIG DANCE in March. And let's begin by convincing ourselves first. WE all know that if we don't truly believe in the product we'll never sell it.
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• MJ777
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        I challenge each of you to try to convince 5 people by next Thursday that the Zags season is not over, and that they have a very good chance to make it to the BIG DANCE in March. And let's begin by convincing ourselves first. WE all know that if we don't truly believe in the product we'll never sell it.
        Will there be rallys and CDs/cassettes?

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Tupperware?
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zagtana
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2008

Win or lose, through thick and thin, I'm a Zag fan and I'm stickin' to it! When the goin' gets tough the tough get goin' - and all that stuff. Love those guys. They need our support now more than ever. Go Zags, we've always got your backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagtana View Post
              Win or lose, through thick and thin, I'm a Zag fan and I'm stickin' to it! When the goin' gets tough the tough get goin' - and all that stuff. Love those guys. They need our support now more than ever. Go Zags, we've always got your backs.
              +1,000,000

tens:

ZaGranny

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                • Mar 2008

nice post
                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

jessica nails it . .

Jessica has a day where she's feeling ... really good about her life. ++++FAQ for this video ++++Q: How old was Jess at the time of the video?A: She'd turned...
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Rio Runner
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Aug 2007

gagamin, that was fantastic. Hilarious.

Comment

• zag67
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Reborn, +100.

I like most of us have watched the last 1 1/2 weeks of games. I would like to say that they looked like they were working hard. They were still playing like a team. Watch the bench. They are all cheering like a team. Yes, we had some "very interesting" calls that did not go our way. But our players played through them and kept in the game. Lost in OT. Lost by 2 points on a basket with 1.7 seconds. Can we play better? Yes. Can we win out? Yes. Will we? I plan on watching to see if we can.

I would also like to say, if we do make the dance, I would not like to be the team that we play. We have the talent, but they are still young and are learning (and the coaches are trying to find the right mix).

Go ZAGS.

Comment

Working...
                      X