PDA

View Full Version : My pet peeve

kclubfounder
01-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Negative posters who get upset when their negative posts are confronted by members of the Zag nation who disagree with their negative posts. Talk about a bunch of sensitive little babies!

"I can't make a negative comment without getting yelled at!"

"It should be OK for someone to talk honestly about what is wrong with the coach, or the team, or the fans, etc..."

"At the risk of being slammed, let me point out why Few sucks..."

"I'm just stating facts. The intolerant and ignorant and blind 'Few is never wrong' supporters will never get it and will never allow me to make my points without getting upset."

"I'm a good guy with a legitimate point and you all are intolerant A Holes"

ETC....., ETC....., ETC.....

Make you point then don't cry and whine and act like a baby if someone confronts you.

pargo4prez
01-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Since about half of those posts you just quoted were aimed at me in one of the anti mark few discussion threads...I totally agree. The point of this board is to say what you think about GU basketball. If you think Few sucks, good for you, but I don't and I have the right to say that without being scrutinized.

DCZag
01-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Negative posters who get upset when their negative posts are confronted by members of the Zag nation who disagree with their negative posts. Talk about a bunch of sensitive little babies!

"I can't make a negative comment without getting yelled at!"

"It should be OK for someone to talk honestly about what is wrong with the coach, or the team, or the fans, etc..."

"At the risk of being slammed, let me point out why Few sucks..."

"I'm just stating facts. The intolerant and ignorant and blind 'Few is never wrong' supporters will never get it and will never allow me to make my points without getting upset."

"I'm a good guy with a legitimate point and you all are intolerant A Holes"

ETC....., ETC....., ETC.....

Make you point then don't cry and whine and act like a baby if someone confronts you.

+1....post what you want, but man up and accept that not everyone agrees with what you posted.

If you post that something or someone sucks, you're gonna get opposing viewpoints. Doesn't make them A-holes anymore than you are...
:boxing:

Jedster
01-29-2011, 08:35 AM
+1 also. I really wanted to reply to the thread on "when it's okay to question Mark Few", but resisted. I also resisted opening it, because I knew it would just be annoying. My response to that question would be "when you can back up what you say with facts and without hyperbole".

I have no problem with someone being critical of the Zags or their coaching staff, but you need to back it up with facts and not complete exaggeration. I hate it when someone draws some huge general conclusion when they don't know all the facts (or even know many of the facts) and present it as some incontravertible fact. For instance, the thread a while back on how we had the worst 3 pt defense and were always horrible. Looking at the facts didn't back that up. Same with saying Few has no idea how to coach defense and he's a horrible defensive coach. Really??

jayray
01-29-2011, 09:58 AM
My pet peeve is when players are having career games and they get sat - for the rest of the game. Kind of like what happened with Dower Thursday night.

JPtheBeasta
01-29-2011, 10:06 AM
My biggest pet peeve is pet peeve's.:rolleyes:

Birddog
01-29-2011, 10:48 AM
My biggest pet peeve is pet peeve's
Does that make you "peevish"?

JPtheBeasta
01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Does that make you "peevish"?

I like to think I have a peevishnessless outlook.

juliezag
01-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I used to be very active on this board...usually just as a lurker though. I spent every free moment i had on this website for at least a good year or two maybe even three. This is the first time ive been on in a few months. Looks like the reason I left is still a big problem. So here is my pet peeve. People that can't handle criticism. Good or bad. The whole point of this site is to say what you are thinking. Am i wrong? I could never stand pendergraft, so i took a good amount of abuse whenever i criticized him. i got some pretty nasty messeges from people in this commuity for what i said. luckily i understood its the internet and didnt think twice about it. but some people dont think that way.
since i dont want to start any wars lets use the seattle mariners as an example. im huge fan, but lets be honest...they are a terrible team. some people have high expectations this year. i dont. they are making moves that dont add up. as a sports fan and a fan of the team, i have a right to voice my opinion. all i can say it please prove me wrong, show me you are the team/player/coach that i dont think you are. exceed my expectations. every team has flaws whether it be the yankees or duke. so back to the point on why i dont frequent this site anymore...its seems like people refused to accept that teams have highs and lows. they dont respect the peoples opinion if its not what they believe and quickly shoot them and their thoughts down. if people are being rude about it, sure, then there is a little exception, but you dont have to be rude back.

willandi
01-29-2011, 03:30 PM
My pet peeve is people that can type bold AND underline with a computer keyboard!!!, or is that a Mac thing? I use PC

kclubfounder
01-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Julie,

I don't think you handle criticism very well.

Mantua
01-29-2011, 03:41 PM
I find fatuous optimists to be as irritating as disrespectful critics.

Thoughtful analysis offered by many posters is always appreciated by me.

Kiddwell
01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
My pet peeve is people that can type bold AND underline with a computer keyboard!!!, or is that a Mac thing? I use PC

Mac = My Awesome Computer
PC = Piece of Crud (polite version)

So there... :p

:]

LynetteG
01-29-2011, 03:54 PM
I like to think I have a peevishnessless outlook.

No, I think you suffer from antipeevestablishmentarianism. ;)

vandalzag
01-29-2011, 04:05 PM
My pet peeve are people at Costco that bogart all the samples.

Kiddwell
01-29-2011, 04:17 PM
My pet peeve are people at Costco that bogart all the samples.

"Bogart"????? :roll:

:]

RenoZag
01-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Do not feed my pet peeves
Not in Winter nor in the Fall
One never knows what peeves will bring
To bulletin boards for basketball.

Mantua
01-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Do not feed my pet peeves
Not in Winter nor in the Fall
One never knows what peeves will bring
To bulletin boards for basketball.

Well done!

ZagLawGrad
01-29-2011, 06:16 PM

Agreed.

zag69
01-29-2011, 09:46 PM

Pet peeve's what? An apostrophe makes it possessive, but possessive of what? You've egregiously wasted a perfectly good apostrophe, and you'll be sorry when they become extinct. And to vandalzag, it should be "My pet peeve IS people at Costco...".

Before being labeled a Kenyon-born grammar communist, let me say I'm kidding here.