PDA

View Full Version : Since when did "point guard by committee"

jimmy b
01-28-2011, 09:57 AM
mean the entire committee should be on the floor at once? That was whacked IMO
I Really don't understand last nights rotation. I look forward to the rationale, including Manny and Keita soon.

gamagin
01-28-2011, 10:02 AM
to put a guard on each shooter after SG fouled out so they couldn't start raining threes. It was working more often than not, I believe, but SMC managed enough drives to the basket to neutralize the plan.

Then just to put a punctuation mark on it, McConnell managed to get off a game winning circus shot around RS.

hooter73
01-28-2011, 10:26 AM
It was necessity of not having anyone else to play. Two were benched, One was ineffective. Answer - throw in the only ones left.

cjm720
01-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Do we know why Manny and Keita didn't play?

I would have Monninghoff, our best pure shooter, in at the end. How far has this season turned to have a designed game winning 3 by a redshirt freshman named Stockton. Love the kid and his confidence, and with Steven out, someone had to shoot but that was probably the last designed play I would have thought of.

First, I would have gone for 2 with Dower down low (in for Harris) and I would have MM (or Keita, Arop) in for eihter Meech, Stock or Carter.

jimmy b
01-28-2011, 10:44 AM
What I really want to know is what was up with Manny and Keita.

cjm720
01-28-2011, 11:10 AM
DNP, coaches decision per Meeham. Unbelievable..