• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmy b
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2007

Since when did "point guard by committee"

mean the entire committee should be on the floor at once? That was whacked IMO
    I Really don't understand last nights rotation. I look forward to the rationale, including Manny and Keita soon.
  • gamagin
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I think the idea was

to put a guard on each shooter after SG fouled out so they couldn't start raining threes. It was working more often than not, I believe, but SMC managed enough drives to the basket to neutralize the plan.

Then just to put a punctuation mark on it, McConnell managed to get off a game winning circus shot around RS.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• hooter73
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2008

It was necessity of not having anyone else to play. Two were benched, One was ineffective. Answer - throw in the only ones left.

Comment

• cjm720
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Do we know why Manny and Keita didn't play?

I would have Monninghoff, our best pure shooter, in at the end. How far has this season turned to have a designed game winning 3 by a redshirt freshman named Stockton. Love the kid and his confidence, and with Steven out, someone had to shoot but that was probably the last designed play I would have thought of.

First, I would have gone for 2 with Dower down low (in for Harris) and I would have MM (or Keita, Arop) in for eihter Meech, Stock or Carter.
        Go Zags!!!

Comment

• jimmy b
          Kennel Club Material
          • Oct 2007

Thanks for the explanations - seem reasonable.

What I really want to know is what was up with Manny and Keita.

Comment

• cjm720
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

DNP, coaches decision per Meeham. Unbelievable..
            Go Zags!!!

Comment

Working...
            X