PDA

View Full Version : I like this team

zagfan24
01-28-2011, 04:21 AM
I like this team. I really do.

I like how Rob changes from gentle giant to a inside beast the minute he steps on the floor.
I like how Steven enjoys the game and yet sees the big picture.
I like how Meech stays confident and plays with more intensity than anybody out there.
I like that Elias, Mathis, and Mathis came from Europe to Spokane, Washington just to be Zags.
I like that Sam and Kelly are able to play no minutes one game and big minutes the next and yet come in ready to compete.
I like that Marquise similarly hasn’t lost faith in his abilities and has twice made crucial late game free throws.
I like that Mike Hart probably leads the NCAA in charges taken per minute played.
I like that David Stockton shows brilliant court vision and has the cajones to take late game shots.
I like that Mark Few tirelessly works to raise money for cance research.
I like that the entire coaching staff makes it about the players, not themselves.

I am as frustrated and disappointed as anybody, believe me. I see this team’s faults too, and understand it’s limitations. But the fact that I am so upset by each loss from this team doesn’t make me question my pride, it reaffirms it. Go Zags.

dezag
01-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks, Zagfan. We need to have some perspective here.

Hoopaholic
01-28-2011, 07:12 AM
+1

TimboZag
01-28-2011, 08:28 AM
+1
Go Zags!

77Zag
01-28-2011, 08:45 AM
+1 --

We are young, period.
The issue last night was our only senior was not on the floor at the end of the game, otherwise, my hunch is we win. Not an excuse, just my take.

mdZag23
01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Man am I sick of people complaining about officiating! It is what it is, People! We don't get to pick the officials. Part of being a good player and coach is adjusting to the officiating and this team is clearly built to play against teams in their Non-conf schedule and not their conf schedule. I.E. They tried to put a team together that is bigger, tougher, and more athletic for tourney runs.

Rob Sacre. Absolutely love the guy. Just wish he were a little quicker off the ground and had more bounce. He struggles converting in traffic.

Elias Harris. Wow, Sophmore slump! Looking forward to a re-emergence as a junior.

Steven Gray. Clearly injured and affecting his play and production the last month.

Point Guard Position. Can't wait til next year. I've never been a big fan of freshmen and don't expect K. Pangos to solve our issues here, but having Stockton and Meech with another year under their belt can't hurt.

Bench: really young! expecting bigger things next year!