PDA

View Full Version : ZaGranny's Adventures in Zagland--part 5

ID ZAGFAN
01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Well, the end of the adventure did not turn out quite as we had hoped, but it was a great adventure, nonetheless.

We left home early (for a retired person) this AM, as I had a doctor's appointment in Spokane. That taken care, we went over to Spokane arena to exchange are RMHC tickets for accessible seats.

After that we headed out to the MAC (Museum of Arts and Cultures) a couple of exhibits I had been meaning to see--one on women getting the vote is Washington, and the other parts of the Native American collection.

We also had lunch at the Museum cafe--good Middle Eastern food--and enough left over to have a snack before the game and another now.
We checked into our hotel and relaxed a while before heading to the other MAC --McCarthey Athletic Center for the game.

We walked in the door, and saw Kelly's dad and mom and had a nice chat with them before heading for our seat. Upstairs, we ran into Bulldog from the board, who recognized me in my red hoodie and pigtails, and talked to him for a few minutes. We have some of the nicest people on this board!!!

We had decided not to exchange our seats for accessible ones, but that turned out to a bad idea, as there wasn't enough room to stretch out my newly repaired knee, so we exchanged them after a few minutes of the game--much better.

The game itself was very exciting. I loved the way we kept fighting, even when SMC had a run

During the game, I looked over to where Kelly's mom was seated---she wasn't there--she was standing up behind the seats--couldn't sit any more.

The crowd, including all the old farts was really into the game, and did a good job of standing, clapping and yelling. I thought the students were at their best.

After the game, I ran into and we talked (commiserated?) for quite a while.
While talking to her another woman came up and they sort of commiseraed together. She and Kelly's mom were talking about watching Lindsey's game (G-Prep) and I asked if Lindsey were David's cousin or his sister. I said I get confused with all the Stocktons around in sports. She laughed and said "Yes, there are a lot of us!" Turned out it was David's mom, and we had a brief visit, before she dashed off. Suunds like she is kep t busy keeping up with all thosekids.

Kelly's mom showed me that she had gotten a couple of pairs of GU gloves being given away by Verizon. So I got a couple of pairs, and Kelly's sister came up and got some to give to all of her basketball team members. The Verizon guys just wanted to get rid of them, so I took a few more pairs.

Then I went down with Kelly's mom to where Kelly's dad was sitting and waiting for Kelly, and met Elias Harris's dad. Then Kelly's mom introduced me to Sam Dower (Kelly's roommate) and Elias when they came out of the locker room.

Finally, I took pity on Mr. ID Zag, who had gone out to the car to walk the dogs, and said goodnight to the Kelly's and went out to the car.

Now we are at the hotel, and I am getting ready to relax.

ZaGranny

Hoopaholic
01-28-2011, 07:18 AM
nice (other than the final score)...always a pleasure to read your travels and maybe one day meet you too

ID ZAGFAN
01-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks, Hoop.

I would like to meet you, too.

We got home today with no further adventures, always a plus.

ZaGranny

Hoopaholic
01-28-2011, 01:56 PM
day of rest .....turning around to come back in tomorrow? Or going to watch on tv with the rest of us zag fans?

ID ZAGFAN
01-28-2011, 02:05 PM
No tickets--so I'll guess we'll be watching at home, unless a pair of tickets falls out of the sky. But we have to kiss the bulldog's feet for that, don't we? :p

I knew there was something we forgot to do while we were in Spokane. :D

ZaGranny

Hoopaholic
01-28-2011, 02:06 PM
haaaa mistake on your part, although this time of the year Spikes poor feet are still little bit cold

scream loudly from North Idaho....zags need all of us saturday

ID ZAGFAN
01-28-2011, 06:18 PM
No tickets--so I'll guess we'll be watching at home, unless a pair of tickets falls out of the sky. But we have to kiss the bulldog's feet for that, don't we? :p

I knew there was something we forgot to do while we were in Spokane. :D

ZaGranny

Too funny!

Hoop-- I didn't remember that it was your contest entry (and winner) that I was quoting when I posted that. Then I thought--maybe it was and checked it out. You would know how cold Spike's feet are, wouldn't you?

Talk about apropos! :p

ZaGranny