PDA

View Full Version : Felt this all year...

Santangelo_for_3
01-27-2011, 10:49 PM
After tonight my feelings are proven that Gonzaga doesn't seemed to as loved anymore. I honestly felt tonight like we were a team with Lebron James as a player and nobody likes us. With the way things have been going this WCC season it just doesn't seem like anyone wants us to win. The media used to love us and calling our games and talking about our success, now the only way its talked about is when it will end. Probably has a lot to due with the fact of how the announcers have called the game. But even the way the officials have made some huge calls against us at big times in the game. I can't be the only one?!?!?!

bballbeachbum
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
After tonight my feelings are proven that Gonzaga doesn't seemed to as loved anymore. I honestly felt tonight like we were a team with Lebron James as a player and nobody likes us. With the way things have been going this WCC season it just doesn't seem like anyone wants us to win. The media used to love us and calling our games and talking about our success, now the only way its talked about is when it will end. Probably has a lot to due with the fact of how the announcers have called the game. But even the way the officials have made some huge calls against us at big times in the game. I can't be the only one?!?!?!

insight. not alone you are

NovaZag
01-27-2011, 10:57 PM
GU winning yet another WCC title isn't news anymore. It's become mundane. Not winning, however, is like the sun not rising in the morning. It's news. A change of pace. Unfortunately, it looks like the sun won't rise for GU this year.

Pargo the Destroyer
01-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Curious as to how many times the espn announcers ( whom I dont like, at all ) mentioned the end of the streak. Seems like it was mentioned 8,10,12 times. Espn really hosed this conference with these 2 guys.

bballbeachbum
01-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Clearly, Coach Few needs to be hugging the players more. And if only the national press wrote about how good these Zags are then they'd be much better at basketball. Everybody knows Harris has to be called a future NBA player to dominate a game, and if he doesn't get it then his defense, passing, ballhandling, and variety of moves suffer.

insight?

of course GU has flaws, all teams do. I'm getting sleepy.......

Zag79
01-28-2011, 09:25 PM
i dont think it affects the team and how they play, so the comment by mal is pointless. but i do agree with the OP, i said that during the game. the zags are getting brutal calls and no calls, much more than normal. our main guys are facing 4 and 5 fouls every game. the other team has had nba style continuation and 1's gifted to them in 3 straight games. its no coincidence, everyone gets sick of the winner at some point. good post!