PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have emails for Dave Libbey and the head of NCAA officials?

gonwick
01-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Just spent some time Googling to no avail. I was thinking of sending them both an email (polite, just asking someone who might have oversight about how games are reviewed and CC:ing them both). These past three games have been nearly unwatchable, and it's not just because GU stunk. The phantom fouls and unreasonable continuations are just plain sad.

WCC officiating + dumb play by GU + consistent play from SMC guards - unlikely possibility that any teams that step up against GU will do so against SMC= end of an era

Stache
01-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Libby thought we paid to see him. These guys are the apples falling from the Libby tree. They let the boys play in the first half and call Ricky-tack all second half. Tedious.

FuManShoes
01-27-2011, 10:42 PM
These past three games have been nearly unwatchable, and it's not just because GU stunk. The phantom fouls and unreasonable continuations are just plain sad.

It's weird: The games are thrilling but for almost all the wrong reasons. LET THEM PLAY. ####### this league. ####### it.

bballbeachbum
01-27-2011, 10:46 PM
It's weird: The games are thrilling but for almost all the wrong reasons. LET THEM PLAY. ####### this league. ####### it.

thank you Fu

bballbeachbum
01-27-2011, 10:47 PM
must overcome :)

JPtheBeasta
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
#### it, Dude. Let's go bowling.

gonwick
01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Agree that libbey won't care so was hoping that mailing his superior w a cc to him w a reference to specific failings for example continuation would be enough to get something done. I've got nothing else to focus on while I wait for Vegas.

bigblahla
01-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Agree that libbey won't care so was hoping that mailing his superior w a cc to him w a reference to specific failings for example continuation would be enough to get something done. I've got nothing else to focus on while I wait for Vegas.

I emailed the commish after last weekend, you don't want to know what he said.

Go!! Zags!!!

kclubfounder
01-28-2011, 06:36 AM
I emailed the commish after last weekend, you don't want to know what he said.

Go!! Zags!!!

I do.

bigblahla
01-28-2011, 06:55 AM
I do.

OK.

Thanks for your email.

We have great confidence in the leadership of all of our officiating programs in the West Coast Conference and take great pride in our dedication to properly administering the NCAA rules in all WCC contests.

Take care,
Jamie

There you go.

Go!! Zags!!!

rijman
01-28-2011, 07:00 AM
OK.

Thanks for your email.

We have great confidence in the leadership of all of our officiating programs in the West Coast Conference and take great pride in our dedication to properly administering the NCAA rules in all WCC contests.

Take care,
Jamie

There you go.

Go!! Zags!!!
At least you got a response. I got no response the last time I emailed.

1973Zag
01-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Keep up the e-mails. I'm sure they will see the error in their ways, rather than wanting to stick it to us even more!

madness
01-28-2011, 09:21 AM
I would love to hear how the Big East or Big Ten Commish responds to tape of Sacre's treatment (by the refs) in the last 3 games. The goon mentality of trying to take him out and then the refs calling him for fouls??? It flat out does not happen at major conferences. They are rewarding less athletic forwards for cheap shots. WCC is not REC league. I might just have to do that.

jake
01-28-2011, 09:27 AM
I watched the game last night. The officiating was not great. I'd argue it was bad both ways. I'm not sure there was as big a call going the other way as Sacre's phantom 4th foul. I also realize everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I have to say I've almost stopped reading this board because of the constant whining about the officiating. They aren't out to get us. If it's bad both ways that's not why we're losing. If we can't adapt to the officiating as well as our opponents that is our fault. We are in a funk right now. St. Mary's is a great team. Right now, and maybe for the rest of the year, they are better than us. Everyone always says they want the rest of the WCC to step it up, but when they do, it seems like a large percentage of our board just wants to complain about the officials instead of saying hats off to the the other schools. We should either look inward and figure it out, look outward and say the other teams or better, and stop looking outward at everything else besides how our team played. We need to start playing as a team, figure out our rotation, and get back to how we were playing a couple of weeks ago. It's as simple as that.

gonwick
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I started the post by saying the zags stunk during this 3 game stretch and the Gaels played well. This is about the refs being able to offer a consistent set of rules under which to play. Is continuation allowed? Is it not? Do you have to touch your man to get a foul called on you or not? Will the same play be called the same way five minutes from now? How can Sacre be attacked under the basket with no foul called and others get flagged for breezing by their man? These are fair questions to ask.
The SF game was determined by the foul called on Rob. Sure, one could say we should have been ahead by more and it shouldn't have been the determining factor, but it was. Even their coach acknowledged it afterwards, apologizing to Few that the game broke that way. If they'd called SF for fouling Rob prior to the elbow, the game was essentially over.
I'm a stickler for fairness, and I don't consider it a great argument to make that bad calls are being made against both teams. Neither team should have to put up with that, and we as fans certainly shouldn't.

gamagin
01-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I would love to hear how the Big East or Big Ten Commish responds to tape of Sacre's treatment (by the refs) in the last 3 games. The goon mentality of trying to take him out and then the refs calling him for fouls??? It flat out does not happen at major conferences. They are rewarding less athletic forwards for cheap shots. WCC is not REC league. I might just have to do that.

I only saw those RS no calls once, but I think RS did two things that contributed to the ref's no call. I believe they will be yet another teachable moment when reviewed with Donnie. But these were lapses, imo, in his game.

(1) he did not get the ball up over his head soon enough, making it necessary to be fouled, or perfectly blocked, if a foe was able to prevent his stuff or shot; and (2) he jumped up off-balance and came down awkwardly (ultimately falling or continuing down) and thus appearing to be fouled. If he had set his feet and then came down awkwardly (whether he was fouled or not, and I think he was) it would have drawn a whistle.

TexasZagFan
01-28-2011, 12:12 PM
It took me awhile, but I found a toll free number for Libbey's office:

1-866-386-2277

aka 1-866-DUMBA$$