PDA

View Full Version : 22 games into the season and Few decides to shorten his rotation?

thespywhozaggedme
01-27-2011, 09:41 PM
One of our major weapons was that we were 11 deep and anyone could step up on any given day; yet in our biggest game of the year, no Manny, no Kieta and barely any Kelly. Any of these three could very well give a major spark, thank God that Sam is doing that tonight, but I just don't get Fews decision tonight. :confused::confused::confused:

The509sfinest
01-27-2011, 09:44 PM
i dont get it either...but i trust Few he knows how to win.

thespywhozaggedme
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM
The more that I think about this, the more I believe that there has to be something going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to. Out three top subs got almost zero burn tonight against our biggest game of the year; this makes no sense whatsoever, and despite Few's maddening rotations, he would not self sabotage his own team. I expect an announcement pretty soon; possible disciplinary action perhaps. Note* This is simply speculation on my part, as this is the only explanation for their absence. I have no insider info.

thickman1
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM

I'd normally agree and go with benefit of the doubt but 3 L's in a row....hmmm.

thespywhozaggedme
01-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Not this year, he doesn't.

The509sfinest
01-27-2011, 09:50 PM
I know you guys are thinking hey but we lost 3 years in a row but what coach has not had a bad year? hes still one of the winningest coaches in the NCAA. WE WILL WIN VEGAS!

Hoopaholic
01-27-2011, 09:52 PM
yep and glad I got my tickets......but "might" need to adjust my flight from sat to friday

Club Prez
01-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Biggest game of the year and no Keita and no Arop, yet major minutes for Carter. An explanation from Few is needed, because such a radical move at this stage of the season makes no sense to me. :confused:

Saxon_zag
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Biggest game of the year and no Keita and no Arop, yet major minutes for Carter. An explanation from Few is needed, because such a radical move at this stage of the season makes no sense to me. :confused:

I thought Carter played a good game but why those 2 didn't see minutes is crazy. Few is just striking out hard this year

maynard g krebs
01-27-2011, 09:57 PM
The more that I think about this, the more I believe that there has to be something going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to. Out three top subs got almost zero burn tonight against our biggest game of the year

I was thinking the same. Could have used MA and MK's D tonight.

Stache
01-27-2011, 10:20 PM
We have well documented weaknesses, and I think those explain almost all our losses. Outside of SG, we don't have guys who can create much on their own. We don't seem to have guys who. Move great without the ball. The Okie State game was an example of an exception when passing got us some high percentage baskets. We dump to the post or SG creates - and that is pretty easily scouted.

But, tonight was odd. Manny, Keita and Dower are athletes....they may have ups and downs mentally or with 100 percent on defense, but they are the athletes this board clammered for when Memphis came in and cleaned up in the arena. So, why not use them?

In one of the possessions when Rob was surrounded at the end, his pass out would have gone to two walk-on's or a point guard who typically doesn't shoot.

Huh?

Hoopaholic
01-27-2011, 10:22 PM
stache you are so right and that is why the 3 slot is sooooo vital and critical...we simply cannot get someone to take that pressure off on a consistent basis from the opposite wing area

northsidezagfan
01-27-2011, 10:24 PM
i am glad carter finally got solid minutes. i felt lke he responded well and was huge down the stretch with his layup and fts. but there was no need for him to be playing the 3 with stockton/meech. this would have been a perfect game for manny/keita to harrass people on the perimeter with carter playing more 2 with gray in foul trouble.

DixieZag
01-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Almost has to be a disceplenary thing, when Hart is brought in for defense, and neither Manny nor Keita see the floor - - something went wrong. We really could have used Manny's rebounding and a three point shot or two.

thespywhozaggedme
01-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Almost has to be a disceplenary thing, when Hart is brought in for defense, and neither Manny nor Keita see the floor - - something went wrong. We really could have used Manny's rebounding and a three point shot or two.

I expect an announcement some time today. There's no other explanation and Few wouldn't cut off his nose to spite his face. As soon as I saw Meech, Carter and Stockton on the court in crunch time, I knew something was going on behind the scenes.

cjm720
01-28-2011, 08:07 AM

Hart likely would have been on the floor regardless of no Manny or Keita. That's his specialty...he got it done too with the charge called. Then he got yanked for offense. Not bad coaching in my estimation (on defense).

2wiceright
01-28-2011, 08:26 AM
I may be way off on this (somebody correct me if I am), but I thought I saw Keita Mathis in street clothes on the bench. Just saw a quick glance but I am no way positive, but it would explain why we didn't get his much needed defense last night... Can anyone else corroborate?

zagzilla
01-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Keita was in a warmup uni

cjm720
01-28-2011, 08:29 AM
If he was in street clothes it was beneath his warmup outfits...he certainly looked like he could come in. As far as Arop, I didn't see him on the bench. Anyone?