PDA

View Full Version : How you beat SMC this year

zagzilla
01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Analyzed Gael's losses to date and the recipe for beating them is clear:

Battle on the glass will decide the game. We can withstand just about any kind of barrage from McConnell and Della if we don’t give extra possessions off of misses while giving ourselves second chances to score.

Consider:
**Gaels are 0-3 vs. quality opponents (SDSU, Vandy, BYU)

**In all 3 games they were out rebounded giving up double digit offensive rebounds twice

**Zags are tallest team they have faced so far

**Gaels have nobody taller than 6-9. Olynyk, Sacre and Dower will be the biggest players on the floor

**Gaels have won the battle of the boards on the road just once (vs New Mexico St.) Guess what…they won that game.

Big Rob, KO and Dower need to bring it tonight. I know Sacre will be a beast-they have no answer for him. I'm predicting Kelly is the X Factor. His size and style can give SMC real matchup problems.

ZZ

btzag
01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Harris is also a key player to watch when talking about post play. He should be able to go off against St. Mary's inside just as you mentioned with Sacre, KO and Dower.

But then against WCC competition he 'should' be averaging 20 and 10 easily with his athleticism...

U Zig, I Zag
01-27-2011, 03:32 PM
All good points, but we have losses against non-quality opponents. I am afraid this team is a bit of a Jekyl and Hyde.

Biggest advantage tonight? It's at home.
Biggest advantage @SMC? Feb 24th is a long time to get things clicking better.

zagabond
01-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Vandy beat SMC with good defense. SMC struggled to get open shots.

Ezag
01-27-2011, 03:50 PM
The whole team is key. They all need to bring it.

Sacre needs to dominate

Gray needs to hit shots and make smart plays

Elias needs to wake up and smell the rim again, where's the drive and explosiveness?

Kelly O needs to step it up and not let all these shorter players he guards push him around, my God , he's frickin' 7 foot tall.

Manny needs to keep rebounding away and shoot and learn to shoot FT's

David Stockton needs to continue confident play and keep hitting the outside shot when open

Goodson needs to keep up his good play of late

HRZag
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
EZag, best post of the season.

Go Zags. Big game. Nothing like a big game.

That is what it is all about, a real chance in a big game.

Did I mention, Go Zags!