View Full Version : Jim Meehan's Article today

ID ZAGFAN
01-27-2011, 07:50 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/zags/stories/2011/jan/27/sing-praises-to-sacre/

Great Aricle and photo of Sacre

ZaGranny

Zag Man
01-27-2011, 08:03 AM
This is a great article on an excellent student-athlete that is a credit to the University and the basketball program. I remember when Rob, Steven, and Austin Daye came into the program. Rob was the most unpolished of the group, but his hard work has really paid off and I can see him playing in the NBA someday. His defense has improved and his offensive moves make him a real weapon. Probably most important is that he makes the other players pay when they foul him, because his free throw shooting has improved dramatically. If there is a clutch free throw to be made in the game, I would like prefer to see Rob take that shot!

zagfan07
01-27-2011, 08:08 AM
I love this quote from Rob:

ďI want to play as long as my body can keep playing and when itís over Iíll probably go into coaching. Thatís why I donít have any tattoos below the elbow. They can be covered up with a short sleeve or a polo.Ē

Like the tattoo thing is going to matter...

ID ZAGFAN
01-27-2011, 08:14 AM
There is also a great Dan Pelle photo of the students tent city on the front page of section one of the paper
I could not find the caption under the photo online.

http://www.spokesman.com/photos/2011/jan/27/123313/

ZaGranny

bballbeachbum
01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Rob has become a favorite, and I admit that was not the case initially, but doggonit, he sure is now. the work he's put in is evident on the floor, and his desire is beautiful to watch and expressed in his game.

Do it tonight baby!!!

GO ZAGS!!!

Colbyspapa
01-27-2011, 01:08 PM
He is a tremendous testiment to a player taking his coaching and combining it with great desire to do his best. He is my favorite zag on this team. I sure hope he sticks around another year. He may have opportunity if he starts throwing up big rebounding numbers.

NEC26
01-27-2011, 04:18 PM
He is a tremendous testiment to a player taking his coaching and combining it with great desire to do his best. He is my favorite zag on this team. I sure hope he sticks around another year. He may have opportunity if he starts throwing up big rebounding numbers.

I'll second that. Love Sacre's attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get better. Plus he's just a likable guy almost reminds me of Turiaf.

RenoZag
01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I love this quote from Rob:

Like the tattoo thing is going to matter...

It may not matter but he deserves credit for having the foresight to consider it.

Seems like a level-headed youngster.