PDA

View Full Version : Lunardi doesn't think "it's all about Vegas"

kclubfounder
01-26-2011, 07:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Heck, we still aren't even one of the "last four in".

We've got to start playing better, but maybe things aren't quite as bleak as we all seem to think.

CDC84
01-26-2011, 07:27 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/feed/2011-01/field-of-68

11 Seeds. Old Dominion, Kansas State, Gonzaga, Missouri State (Missouri Valley). In the preseason coaches poll, K-State was ranked No. 3 and Gonzaga was No. 12. Today, they’re only listed in the Field of 68 because of the weak cast of at-large candidates. For Kansas State, especially, the hold on a berth is precarious—the Wildcats are just 2-4 in the Big 12 and have a game at Kansas set for Saturday.

That's the one thing that is going to be favoring Gonzaga this year. If you think the Zags haven't accomplished all that much, check out what the other at large candidates have to offer. The Pac 10 and SEC schools, for example, have horrendous records against quality competition outside out their own leagues.

titopoet
01-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Wow, I would love the bracket as Lunardi has it. Georgetown then Texas in the same bracket as PITT. Though along way to go.

BobZag
01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
No more bad losses...hell, no more losses, period. Just win, baby.

GoZags
01-26-2011, 10:48 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Heck, we still aren't even one of the "last four in".

We've got to start playing better, but maybe things aren't quite as bleak as we all seem to think.

I'm not sure who "we" is. I certainly haven't bought into "the sky is falling" that some have. Sure -- there have been some tough losses. But the future is still in the Zags' hands.

Beat SMC

Ezag
01-26-2011, 10:55 AM
May or may not be up to Vegas, but win there and it makes it a lot easier.

jim77
01-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Joe doesn't select teams..the committee does. As of right now we are 4th best team in the WCC....and that ain't bid material. If we rattle off another 9 in a row and get to the finals then we'd be in good shape. JUST WIN.

On an unrelated observation....I got a chuckle out of Dolin (The Freshmen G for SF) clearing out the lane so he could take Steven off of the dribble. Back in the Casey Cavalry days that would have ended with the ball and player in the 3rd row......no way he should have even gotten a shot off. Thats just total disrespect for a teams defense.

Reborn
01-26-2011, 12:07 PM
On an unrelated observation....I got a chuckle out of Dolin (The Freshmen G for SF) clearing out the lane so he could take Steven off of the dribble. Back in the Casey Cavalry days that would have ended with the ball and player in the 3rd row......no way he should have even gotten a shot off. Thats just total disrespect for a teams defense.

I agree. Rob Sacre is sure not playing any TEAM defense. Nor is Harris, Olynyk or Dower. We have the worst back line defense in the league. THERE IS NO HELP AT ALL...........

UberZagFan
01-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Lunardi doesn't think "it's all about Vegas"

Well then, he'd be wrong. See Uber's signature for confirmation.

DixieZag
01-26-2011, 03:32 PM
RE: Help Defense

I seem to recall Sacre blocking several attempts in the last few minutes of regulation. I also recall an OT where USF simply could not score w/o running the shot clock down to the last seconds and either banking a baseline 3 point shot or simply holding the ball and driving into traffic, sure they would get a call. Simply put, I do not think USF - hell, Walters did not think USF could score against the Zags defense in overtime.

75Zag
01-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Is this the year they start the multiple play-in game thing? Seems like GU should at least be able to participate in a play-in game for the right to be a 16th seed.

Go Bulldogs - If Not This Year, Then Next!

jim77
01-26-2011, 03:42 PM
RE: Help Defense

I seem to recall Sacre blocking several attempts in the last few minutes of regulation. I also recall an OT where USF simply could not score w/o running the shot clock down to the last seconds and either banking a baseline 3 point shot or simply holding the ball and driving into traffic, sure they would get a call. Simply put, I do not think USF - hell, Walters did not think USF could score against the Zags defense in overtime.

How many points did SF drop on us? Don't give me the defense line. Sure SF made some circus shots but, they weren't all circus shots. The point was SF had such little regard for our defense that they sent a 5ppg freshmen guard to the hole....and we obliged it. The kid scored and was fouled. Nothing against Dolin or Steven....it just the fact that they had such little respect for our defense.

P.S. The Dolin kid has guts......I suspect he'll have a pretty nice career.