PDA

View Full Version : TSN's Week Ahead: SMC at GU

CDC84
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-01-23/the-week-ahead-take-a-nap-wednesday-then-catch-byu-san-diego-state

Hidden gem to watch

Saint Mary’s at Gonzaga: Thursday at 11 p.m., ESPN2. The Zags were beaten last weekend by Santa Clara and San Francisco, the first time they’ve lost consecutive WCC games in more than a decade. It’s getting to the point where they’ll have a tough time making an at-large case without the regular season title, and it’ll be nearly impossible to get that without taking down the Gaels this week.

MDABE80
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
CBS Sports saying that St Marys can wrap up the WCC championship this upcoming weekend with wins over Portand and Gonzaga.
Yikes! Let's go get em! Were at home!! Never surrender!

ZagsGoZags
01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
I can't find Las Vegas odds on the game
from googling
anybody know how to find the betting line on this game?
or any ncaa game?

GrizZAG
01-24-2011, 03:40 AM
There are several different sites. The betting line odds are only posted a day or two prior to the game I think. Maybe someone else can shed light on other sites or timing of when the line is posted. Here is one:

http://www.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline_ncaab.html[/URL]

ZagsGoZags
01-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Thanks GrizZag

Ifound this, and if you are right, there should be odds posted on this url tomorrow

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/matchups/matchups.cfm/date/01-27-11

gamagin
01-25-2011, 05:46 AM
I can't find Las Vegas odds on the game
from googlinganybody know how to find the betting line on this game?
or any ncaa game?

the day of the game.

Reborn
01-25-2011, 06:47 AM
I am so excited about the game Thursday. Just two more days. This is probably as exciting of a conference game as we've had in some years. I think that maybe for the first time there are many Zag fans who are actually wondering if we can win. There is doubt in the air, even though the Zags are at home.

The character of this team is on the line. HOw will they respond after two losses in Northern Cal? How will they respond after that unfortunate and freaky loss to USF? Can they recover? I am so anxious to see how they play. I have really liked this team all along, and it's become one of my favorite teams because of all the adversity it has had. These guys are overcomers, imo, and I believe in them. I bellieve they will come out and play with everything they have inside and defeat St. Mary's. How can I give up on these guys? They're Zags!

VaBeachZAG
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Sorry, but I am having a bit of a problem understanding why this would be a favorite team simply due to the adversity it has endured. I say this because much of this adversity is directly attributable to the team itself (talking here about both the players and the coaches). True, there have been some nagging injury issues, but little more than most any team will suffer through the course of a season.

Quoting the venerable Bobzag himself from last year (something to the effect that any team wanting to beat the Zags better get it done now - in 09/10). Here we are a year later with the entire team back sans Boulden (and transfers) and the Zags have seen significant regression. Bouldin's loss was big but bringing in a JC AA and Mooninghoff was supposed to offset that loss.

This has not been my favorite Zags team of all time by a long shot simply because I don't see it consistently playing to its potention. On the other hand, I have to say it is my favorite Zags team of the moment because it is the team we have. I think everyone knows what it will take to win Thursday, I just hope we can do it. Game starts here at 11:00 p.m. and I will be glued to the screen rooting for the guys!

Reborn
01-25-2011, 09:25 AM
VabeachZAG, you don't think that neither Harris's or Gray's injuries affected the team and created a situation that would not have been necessary if they had not been injured? I think that most everyone believed that Harris was going to be an All-Amrican, and at least I am one who believes his injuries affected how he played, and limited his ability to score and rebound effectively. And in the end it affected his attitude and confidence, and he is still working on both of these things. I feel the same way about Gray but to a lesser degree.

I am so excited about what is going on with our pointguards, Meech and Stockton. They have both improved so much. Its been fun to watch. Who would ever have thought that Stockton would be contributing as much as he has this year? He has been so fun to watch. My God! He's a Freshman walk on. And Meech is just beginning to make a statement, and it's going to continue I believe the rest of the year. VaBeachzag, You don't see Meech overcoming adversity? His foul shooting has just gotten so incredible really, and I believe the improvement of his outside shooting will become a big factor as the rest of this season unfolds.

Yes Arop has been a disappointment so far. His poor foul shooting at USF, I am sure, has created a negative attitude in him that he will have to overcome. I am really looking forward to see him do just that. Overcome it. I really like Manny, and it hurt to see him miss those free throws. There has been a lot of negativity surrounding him this season, and maybe what happened at USF will be the thing that inspires him to make the changes that need to be made in order for him to become the player that he can be. Im so excited to see what he does the rest of this year.

There are some who have given up on this team, but I believe most have not. I am one who has not, and as I have always believed, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!! And I think the best part of this season is just beginning on Thursday.

VaBeachZAG
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Just to be clear, I have in no way given up on this team. I am simply saying that, in my opinion, so far this year's version of the Zags has not lived up to "reasonable" pre-season expectations. The talent level on this team is unarguably high, but for some reason it just can't seem to fire consistently on all cylinders, and that is why I don't think this team compares favorably to a number of the teams that preceded it. There is still some time for this team to find its way, but time is running short. The Zags have a fantastic opportunity to make a huge statement this Thursday, just hope they can pull it off!

Hoopaholic
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
missing the 3 position..no one has stepped up to take ownership of that slot thus the inconsistencies.....

when one of the player sin the 3 slot step up and play well we win, but so far this year simply has been rollercoaster on who it will be if anyone game to game