PDA

View Full Version : This is Why We Love College Basketball

pbriz
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Stepping back from the ledge for a second I find comfort in the fact that road trips such as the one the Zags just went through are why I love college basketball so much-you never know what is going to happen.

16-4 or 17-3 right now is what I hoped for at the beginning of the season but a string of early season losses and some close losses in conference have forced this team to put up with the most adversity since the 06-07 season. Remember when Heytvelt was caught with mushrooms and Santa Clara came into the Kennel and knocked down their first five 3's to take a 15-0 lead and go on to take down the longest home court winning streak in the nation? We survived. We gutted it out in Portland in the WCC tourney. We proved what it means to wear Gonzaga on a jersey.

Will this team prove to do the same as 06-07? Will they lose their next two? I hope they can but the beauty of the college game is that none of us really know who will show up, who will catch the breaks, and who will come out with the victory. That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way and will enjoy the ride the rest of the way.

Baseline
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
I enjoy College ball because the kids are developing and you get to watch them improve. The emotions of the game are what make it different than the pros. You see the full range of development on display, good or bad and that makes it interesting.

Go Zags!!!