• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag 77
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

If you are going to foul.....

Then make sure you hammer the crap out of them so they don't get a shot off. Quit doing these ticky-tacky slaps that just give them a 3-point play.
  • allnet59
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Dec 2009

A+ to many times we throw a bad pass only to Chase a fast break the other way to give up a lay up and a silly touch foul for a three point play. time and time again this year. Has anyone ever noticed how hard Sacre his hacked under the basket almost overtime he puts up a shot. If your going to foul make it count.

Comment

• cscz28
      Kennel Club
      • Apr 2009

The problem is in many cases the refs are going to call a foul if you are even breathing on the opposing player on a drive to the basket. It seems like it's almost a reflexive instinct to them.

On the other hand, I think it is almost a reflexive instinct for that player to feel like they should try and do something but aren't able to commit to it so they go with a soft slap at the ball.

Comment

• Zag 77
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Running backward

Tell Harris that the defensive move (?) where he runs backwards towards the basket as the guy with the basket drives on him just results in an "and one."

Just get the hell out of the way if you are not going to stop him.

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

Whenever I see Harris play D all I can think about is a quote from the movie Major League......the skipper is watching Dorn ( played by the impeccable Corbin Bernson ) field grounders and Dorn takes a halfhearted stab at a ground ball, which prompts skip to say "come on Dorn get in front of the damn ball, don't give me this olé bull sh1t"!.
          That's where were at folks.......OLÉ! Maybe Coach Few should make Harris do 50 sit-ups Everytime he gets smoked on D.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Harris is the only player on the team not improving this year, so far. Yes he had a spurt, but all the turnovers, amazing. many of his fouls and turnovers are simply on the basics. Its as if he started playing at 15 and was never taught the basics of passing, dribbling, traveling, get a rebound and just hold it in your hands till somebody swats it. Thur night with three zags already downcourt behind him, he shoots from about 12-14 feet out and backs up away from the basket. His ball misses and comes back to where? Right where he would have been if he had followed his shot in, or stayed put.

He is the least subtle shoulder banging, drop shoulder down, forward I have seen on the team in recent years.
            I also am glad he is on the team, and wish him well. Against these mid level teams he can bring the ball, two-handed, all the way down his back before dunking, but when playing the top 25 teams they would often follow him down and strip it off his back when he loaded up on his dunk.

Comment

Working...
            X