PDA

View Full Version : 11-3 wins it

GoZags
01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Congratulations to SCU and USF for an outstanding weekend of college basketball for them. Sweeping UP and GU wasn't the scenario I had envisioned (and it was reflected in wcc thebettingman results).

That being said -- it is my belief that 11-3 will win the WCC this year (will probably be a two way tie).

Gonzaga will (I believe) sweep at home (7-0) -- sweep SMC home and away, and will drop one more road WCC game (don't know who to -- Pepperdine?).

Bottom line -- this is a great race and should be fun to follow. It hasn't been easy, and it won't be easy. But this Zag team still has the future in it's hands -- has a chance to make the dance, and has a chance to win a game or two or three in the dance. At least that's my opinion.

MJGoGaels
01-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Pardon the SMC perspective on this but it felt apropos under the circumstances and I share your enthusiasm that it will be a great WCC race to the very last game. http://godisagael.yuku.com/topic/4886

I don't share your conclusions but I do respect your points of view and competitive spirit. Just trying to enjoy the moments during the season.

GoZags
01-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Pardon the SMC perspective on this but it felt apropos under the circumstances and I share your enthusiasm that it will be a great WCC race to the very last game. http://godisagael.yuku.com/topic/4886

I don't share your conclusions but I do respect your points of view and competitive spirit. Just trying to enjoy the moments during the season.

Read your attached post (thanks, btw) and remember it well. The one thing I've maintained all along was Santa Clara played the last weekend of the WCC regular season hurt -- they'd apparently injured their shoulders patting themselves on the back for their (as it happens) premature celebration of winning the title. The Bronco's collapse wasn't complete until their loss to the short-handed Zags in the WCC Finals at Chiles. There were some very bitter Santa Clarians that night.

MJGoGaels
01-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Another point, since Ybu comes next year, I sure would like (as one of the members of the 7 dwarves club) to change the order (end the string) before the Cougars arrive to say we didn't have to go out a get "The Mechanic" to end the Bulldogs reign.

For the first time in I can't remember when, Bulldogs (and Pilots) got to return to Moraga to finish the WCC season.

PS, I never saw those SCU injury reports but makes sense now. LOL.

GoZags
02-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Self serving bump.

Beat USD.

sittingon50
02-24-2011, 11:34 PM
You earned it this week, GZ!

UberZagFan
02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Self serving bump.

Beat USD.

Nice. Uber does that a lot.