PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reasonable doubt left

ZagLawGrad
01-23-2011, 07:56 AM
that the Zags will need to win the conference tournament to get into the Dance?

Funny things can happen, I suppose, but it looks to me like the Zags are now in a WAR like they haven't seen in a long time to repeat the annual trip to the Dance.

It ought to be interesting to watch. We'll find out just how tough this team really is.

EuroZag2010
01-23-2011, 08:08 AM
There is an empty feeling =[ I doubt the zag will get an at large bit unless we win the championship... Or league which is very doubtful but anything can happen I guess as we have seen. My expectations have severely dropped just go with it. I'm still going to camp(4hrs) out to get my tickets for the St marys game I'm not giving up !

gamagin
01-23-2011, 08:11 AM
that, as a fan, I love to watch.

SMC is next. We're a young team. Our walk-on just recently started getting serious minutes and may have had a breakout game in that loss. He certainly came up big. Our starting pg, the one who can't shoot to save his life, according to many, and ought to be keel hauled, according to others, went off for, what, 20 points, including a clutch trey ?

The worst f.t. shooting team in the WCC beat us, the best shooting f.t. team in the WCC, at the f.t. line. w.t.f?

So what's next. who wants it ? GU or SMC. They've both been humbled.

Now it's a matter of who wants to sharpen their game to the point that their strengths don't break down and their weaknesses are, game to game, taken care of to the point of becoming an asset ?

We'll see. It's not over.

To be continued.

Nevtelen
01-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I think we probably lost the conf regular season champ last night (though I hope the team still plays like they haven't, because, it is true that you never know). Even if we didn't, in terms of the NCAAs, there is only (probably) 2 important games and both of those happen in March. It's going to be win or go home this year.

TacomaZAG
01-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, I'm talking about the WCC tourney. We can still win the conference championship and that would get us a 1 seed in Vegas (need to run the table the rest of the way). The 2 or 3 seed would be fine as well, but that would mean the conference championship streak is over. Anything other than 1-3 makes the mountain that much higher. With respect to the dance, it all comes down to Vegas..........

Go ZAGS

kclubfounder
01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
We could still get an at-large invite, but we better get hot - right now.

I suspect if we run the table between now and Vegas we are definitely in.

1 loss = probably in. That means we will have at least 3 wins in the 4-pac of games (2 St. Marys, at Portland, Memphis).

2 losses = maybe in.

3 more losses = have to win WCC tournament.

Remember, there are 3 more teams in the dance this year, which is huge, there is way more parity than normal, the ACC and Pac-10 are having terrible years, and we have wins over several likely bubble teams which will look good in side by side comparisons if it comes to that.

MaroonZag22
01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
According to Real Time RPI, USF is not a bad loss as of right now. If they keep winning and upset UP again and maybe SMC, this might not go down as a bad loss for us. Will that happen, don't know. All the Zags can really do now is win. The past is the past, just keep pushing forward and show people that this was a bad week rather than a bad team.

allnet59
01-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Play better defense make critical free throws and win the rest of your games. It can be done.

Zag 77
01-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Is it just GU they get up for? Can either of them beat SMC and give us some help?