PDA

View Full Version : OT: Good for the WCC

BobZag
06-05-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm noticing a substantial increase in very good recruits' lists of both Pepperdine and Santa Clara. Just a year or two ago I never saw much mention of any WCC school by a highly regarded prospect. With the new coaches, things are really changing. This bodes well for the conference and it's good for Gonzaga because it will push the staff to recruit better and better. Not that they haven't, but there can't be any borderline guys anymore, or GU will pay for it.

madness
06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Agreed, I would bet to see USD listed by more in the future as well.

RebornZag
06-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Ditto Bob. I've been hoping for this too. We need to have the quality of our Conference rise considerable. I think it's been too easy, and not challenging us as much as we need to prepare for the NCAA tournament. The tougher it gets the happier I'll be. We don't need to win all our games. I'd rather see us in a tougher conference then be undefeated in conference. I've been following the recruiting in the WCC and I agree with you. Looking much brighter.

Bocco
06-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Hopefully this will spread to all the teams in the WCC and they will be able to sustain it. Frankly I surprised it has taken so long. Ireally expected to see it start happening 5-6 years ago.

ZagNut08
06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
If Hobson didnt leave pepperdine they would have had a very solid recruiting class