PDA

View Full Version : Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!

Pargo the Destroyer
01-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Hell yes!

Zags11
01-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Meeeeeeeeeeeeech is clutch in late games.

GrizZAG
01-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Amazing game for our MAN MEECH! Great game Demetri

fedwayzag
01-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Definitely cannot blame Meech for this loss.

2wiceright
01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
One bright spot... Kudos to a great game and clutch shot putting us into overtime Meech!!!!

gamagin
01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
he's an important part of the completed puzzle this team is working hard to become.

bballbeachbum
01-22-2011, 10:09 PM
way to play Meech. way to step up, man.

WallaWallaZag
01-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Definitely cannot blame Meech for this loss.

never thought i would ever see this happen...meech was the only zag to actually hit his free throws tonight...a perfect 6-6...seemed like everyone else was below 50%.

allnet59
01-23-2011, 09:53 AM
i hope he backs it up this coming Thursday. On defense as much as offense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reborn
01-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Definitely Goodson's best game this year by far. I hope the confidence in his shot will continue. If Meech can consistently shoot better from the outside, he's going to be a pretty good player. His foul shooting is definitely much improved. And I'm hoping his outside shot will now follow. I think having Stockton push him for minutes is def helping Meech.

ZagLawGrad
01-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Hat's off to Meech for last night. Scoring is not his claim to fame, but it's good to see he can. More, please.

Birddog
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I sooo wanted to vote for him for GUnit.

RenoZag
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I sooo wanted to vote for him for GUnit.

:agreed:

krozman
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
When meech is your best player on the floor (something i dont dispute that game), this team is doomed. And not in a cute bobzag way.

ronh_pm
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
It was not just his personal game the other night that was outstanding.

It should be noted the Zags have an offense that ranks

22nd in overall scoring
25th in points per game
17th in field goal percentage
23rd in overall assists
24th in assists per game

I have to believe that Meech is doing something right on the offensive side

Now if they had a few more like him on defense, to stop teams from wracking up 69 points a night they could be very dangerous.

ZagsGoZags
01-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Dimitri,
you raised it a whole level
bring it again Thur eve
we need you more now than ever

coolhandzag
01-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Good for you Meech!

Hoopaholic
01-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Ronh

Good statistical points about our effectiveness on offense.

Glad someone else pointed these facts out our offense is JUST FINE

Must bring the defensive effort night in night out.

gamagin
01-24-2011, 09:31 AM
It was not just his personal game the other night that was outstanding.

It should be noted the Zags have an offense that ranks

22nd in overall scoring
25th in points per game
17th in field goal percentage
23rd in overall assists
24th in assists per game

I have to believe that Meech is doing something right on the offensive side

Now if they had a few more like him on defense, to stop teams from wracking up 69 points a night they could be very dangerous.

It's a mystery to me that so many continue to fail to see what Meech brings to this team, even (like in the case of the USF game) on his career best scoring performance, plus yet another game preserver (the trey to tie).

I can only attribute this to the 3-4 relentless posters who have whined pre-season, then before and after each game, that this kid with a heart as big as Manhatten, is a boat anchor on this team.

The boat anchors are on this board and they are the real drag. Even the stats above should make everyone stop once in awhile and consider the source of this discontent. And wonder what they bring to this board.

If it were even a small percentage of effort, or intelligence, or insight or genuine knowledge, like the information above, it might be worth weeding through.

But mostly it's just a small mind with a little drum offering a steady, boring beat that thumps out:

all our troubles are at the p.g. spot . . .

77Zag
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
When meech is your best player on the floor (something i dont dispute that game), this team is doomed. And not in a cute bobzag way.

Way to go negative on a positive post.

Meech had his best show to date - clutch. Along with Stockton and MM clutch shot.

billyberu
01-24-2011, 10:00 AM

Can you clarify this sentiment with some facts or are offering your opinion up as fact?

2wiceright
01-24-2011, 10:49 PM
It's a mystery to me that so many continue to fail to see what Meech brings to this team, even (like in the case of the USF game) on his career best scoring performance, plus yet another game preserver (the trey to tie).

I can only attribute this to the 3-4 relentless posters who have whined pre-season, then before and after each game, that this kid with a heart as big as Manhatten, is a boat anchor on this team.

The boat anchors are on this board and they are the real drag. Even the stats above should make everyone stop once in awhile and consider the source of this discontent. And wonder what they bring to this board.

If it were even a small percentage of effort, or intelligence, or insight or genuine knowledge, like the information above, it might be worth weeding through.

But mostly it's just a small mind with a little drum offering a steady, boring beat that thumps out:

Great commentary Gagagin! Agree 100%!!! :agreed:

zagitup
01-25-2011, 06:32 PM

Exactly right...best post of the week.

For anyone who's interested, a review of Meech's bomb at the end of regulation would be instructive. When he was surrounded by teammates who were tentative and downright spooked at the specter of losing yet another game, DG set up immediately in the corner outside the arc, and when the pass came his way, he shot without ANY hesitation! No doubts, no worries, no second- guessing. Demitri WANTED the ball in that situation. The young man exemplifies the word CHAMPION in my estimation...The Zags are fortunate to have him.

Hoopaholic
01-25-2011, 06:38 PM
wow....powerful post picture perfect

Bocco
01-25-2011, 08:18 PM

Excellent post gamagin, but I would offer one addition thought - besides the posters offering a steady boring beat that thumps out all our troubles are at the p.g. spot .... let us not forget the small minds with a little drum offering a steady boring beat that thumps out:

our coach is stupid ....
he keeps playing the wrong p.g. ....

our coach is stupid ....
he keeps playing the wrong p.g. .....

our caoch is stupid ....
he keeps playing the wrong p.g. .....

MickMick
01-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Shooting more is what he has always needed. Glad to see him do it. My only major knock on him in 2011 was that he wasn't taking shots. Beginning with Lafayette, Meech started taking enough shots to warrant him as an offensive asset. Before that....not so much.

On another note.....

Turnovers are an offensive problem that quickly converts into a defensive problem. USF was a defensive problem. The bad games before that were a turnover problem.

The single instance of GU's defensive woes against USF doesn't vindicate the "we have few offensive problems" argument. Certainly the Zag offense has steadily improved throughout the season though. Still, the turnover issue could rear it's ugly head at any time.