PDA

View Full Version : OT- Portland at SCU

sullyzag66
01-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Portland at SCU now on Comcast NW and Comcast Califronia (698 on DirecTV). Pregame talk was all about Thursday's win over Zags and how the team played off students and crowd. It's an afternoon game, but the place is nearly empty. Tied at 8 with 12:40 to go.

madness
01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
SCU fans def. do not show up to games like this. They are still playing their slow it down game and it's working...25-16 with 5 left

RenoZag
01-22-2011, 02:39 PM
SCU looks pretty good so far, UP not. . .

madness
01-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Portland with a surge...These are not the same refs as Thursday. Man I hope they didn't get assigned to USF tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sullyzag66
01-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Dan Coomer, Santa Clara Athletic Director, interviewed at half-time:

"That game with Gonzaga has really become a bonding moment for the entire Santa Clara family, not just with the students, but, you know, the Board of Trustees and the President's staff and it was a great night with a national stage to perform like that. It was great."

Bulldog
01-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Portland with a surge...These are not the same refs as Thursday. Man I hope they didn't get assigned to USF tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems all the ref's hate GU, so it doesn't matter. Just have to play a superior game and the officiating will not matter.

Bocco
01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
"That game with Gonzaga has really become a bonding moment for the entire Santa Clara family, not just with the students, but, you know, the Board of Trustees and the President's staff and it was a great night with a national stage to perform like that. It was great."

Just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over that we bring the entire Santa Clara family together - suspect we do the same for evry team in the WCC.

Section 116
01-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Sure are a lotta empty seat there. Suspect the attendance is much closer to the Santa Clara average of 1700 than the 4000+ who were there for the Zags!

madness
01-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Surprisingly the game Thursday didn't even sell out...It did get pretty loud, my wife commented it was much louder there than the Xavier game over xmas break...(no students will do that)

Nevtelen
01-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Seems all the ref's hate GU, so it doesn't matter. Just have to play a superior game and the officiating will not matter.

Actually, I think the refs we had the first week of the conference were pretty good. I was going to comment on it before this complete sh*t-storm. I wonder if the refs are going all Pac-X on us and always favoring the home team with rediculous calls (come one, anyone who watches the Pac-10 sees that happen) or if we just got a complete group of idiots this trip to SF.

rijman
01-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Where did SCU come from? They beat the Zags and Portland in back to back games and they were given no respect at the start of the season. Now USF is 4-1 in conference and they got no respect either. The WCC was supposed to be a 3 team race, apparently someone forget to tell that to SCU and USF.

ZagLawGrad
01-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Where did SCU come from? They beat the Zags and Portland in back to back games and they were given no respect at the start of the season. Now USF is 4-1 in conference and they got no respect either. The WCC was supposed to be a 3 team race, apparently someone forget to tell that to SCU and USF.

Several on here bashed SCU's coach and team. But both look pretty decent far.

Nevtelen
01-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Several on here bashed SCU's coach and team. But both look pretty decent far.

The issue is that if you'd watched them in any other 2 games this season, they were complete crap (at least as far as I've seen and noticed from box scores and results).

USF at least I respect. They've played a tough schedule and it seems that has prepared them for conf play.