PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say I told you so....

GUZagDenver
01-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Got a lot of flack from people for saying that SMC would get exposed at Vandy. They've played 2 good teams on the road and gotten beat up both times.

That being said, it doesn't matter much with the way the Zags played the other night. We play like that against SMC and they will kill us. The WCC is bad this year folks. I'm predicting 1 team in the tourney, and let's hope it's us. IMO, all that matters now is 2 W's in Vegas in March. Our resume gets worse as the weeks go by.

NEC26
01-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Xavier got a good win today. Not sure our resume will be great but if we can avoid any more bad losses we will get an invite if needed. Hopefully we beat Memphis and have at least one win over the Gaels. Combine that with wins over OK State, Xavier, Marquette, Baylor and the ones I mentioned above (if we can get them)and we should be fine. How we do if we get to the tournament is a whole nother question.

U Zig, I Zag
01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Wow, forgot that SMC played this early. They got crushed. GU better pick up the slack today.

kingzag
01-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Who has St.Marys beaten this year thats any good??? A mediocre St. Johns team on their home court?? Is that it? We have at least 4 or 5 better wins than that. Think their defintely overated.

kclubfounder
01-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I bet if Vandy had to travel across the country and play at St. Marys the score would have been reversed.

Of course, I can't prove it.

gamagin
01-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Who has St.Marys beaten this year thats any good??? A mediocre St. Johns team on their home court?? Is that it? We have at least 4 or 5 better wins than that. Think their defintely overated.

But when it comes to playing us, the W-L records don't seem to mean much. They bring it. We need to bring it, too.

jazzdelmar
01-22-2011, 02:30 PM
why wd GU fans not root for SMC, esp in an OOC game? great program, great kids, great coach....puzzling....

RenoZag
01-22-2011, 02:33 PM
No puzzle to solve, jazz. . .some folks will not root for THE conference rival, no matter how many good reasons there are to do so.

I hope the loss to Vandy puts a shade of doubt in the minds of the Gaels as they prep for a road trip to the PNW.

WallaWallaZag
01-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I bet if Vandy had to travel across the country and play at St. Marys the score would have been reversed.

Of course, I can't prove it.

well...vandy did go to st.mary's last year and won a nail-biter 72-70. vandy's team was pretty much the same, but of course smc had samhan.

jake
01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
One game doesn't usually expose anyone. St. Mary's might be over-ranked, but Vandy is a solid team that's a long way from St. Mary's. I agree that the lack of quality opponents and road games probably hurt St. Mary's in this one, but St. Mary's is still a good team.

maynard g krebs
01-22-2011, 03:02 PM
You can never judge a team by one or two games. You left out the one point neutral court loss to top 10 BYU, on a great 3 pointer by a first team AA, followed by the refs swallowing their whistles when one of the SMC guards got fouled driving the lane in the last seconds.

I'll do the same and say, based on one game, SMC is the equal of BYU. And it's just as valid to say that. And just as pointless.

Bocco
01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
why wd GU fans not root for SMC, esp in an OOC game? great program, great kids, great coach....puzzling....

No puzzle to solve, jazz. . .some folks will not root for THE conference rival, no matter how many good reasons there are to do so.

I hope the loss to Vandy puts a shade of doubt in the minds of the Gaels as they prep for a road trip to the PNW.

I will always root for confernece rivals when they play OCC games - in conference I could care less - unless the out come of the game affects the Zags.

kingzag
01-22-2011, 03:16 PM
You can never judge a team by one or two games. You left out the one point neutral court loss to top 10 BYU, on a great 3 pointer by a first team AA, followed by the refs swallowing their whistles when one of the SMC guards got fouled driving the lane in the last seconds.

I'll do the same and say, based on one game, SMC is the equal of BYU. And it's just as valid to say that. And just as pointless.

It`s not based on one or two games. It`s based on their whole schedule. WHO HAVE THEY BEATEN???

maynard g krebs
01-22-2011, 03:33 PM
It`s not based on one or two games. It`s based on their whole schedule. WHO HAVE THEY BEATEN???

The OP based it on two games. That's what I was responding to. Maybe I should have quoted it. And there's no need to shout.

Ezag
01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
No WCC team is worthy of top 25 now or rest of season.