PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to see tonight vs San Francisco

Reborn
01-22-2011, 07:08 AM
I hope to see the Zags playing like this is a must win game. The Zags must be ready to fight harder. USF will be coming to play exactly the way Santa Clara did and the Zags must be ready to play with more intensity and fire then USF. I want to see that this game really matters to the ZAGS.

On offense I hope to see the Zags return to playing inside out basketball. I want to see Sacre getting fed in the low post. Sacre should be getting 25 a nite in WCC. Throw him the ball, guys.

Quit picking up stupid fouls. STUPID FOULS. And quit blaming the refs, and adjust to how they're calling the game. I think that Harris and Gray have really let the way the refs call the game affect their play. Thursday nite they both had such a lack of focus, and I think it was due to the calls. Get focussed and keep it for 40 minutes. PLay with fire in your heart. Play like this is the game that gets you into the tournament.

I want to see Harris and Gray stay out of foul trouble. I want to see them being more interested in doing what's best for the team and not what's best for themselves. More than anything else these two guys need to play better tonight.

I hope to see the Zags return to team ball, and get away from the one on one basketball they played against Santa Clara.

I would like to see Few play less guys. I think Carter should not play at all and Monninghoff only if USF goes zone.

I would like to see Stockton start.

I would like to see Meech play team ball and stop trying to be an all star.

MickMick
01-22-2011, 07:55 AM
No more dumb passes, but don't let paranoia stop the passing.

Block out under the rim.

With the ball in your hands, play under control. Even if it means slowing the game down a notch.

There are enough bench players to substitute for foul trouble. Don't let foul trouble affect defensive aggressiveness in the last 10 minute of the game.

I want the staff to be quick to recognize who is hurting us offensively and be quick to implement a preconceived countermeasure. Box in one if you have to but do whatever it takes.

Much more Keita and much less Carter.

Once and Future Zag
01-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Metaphorically speaking:

Punch them in the nose.

Pick them up.

Punch them again.

Rinse, repeat, repent.

Bogozags
01-22-2011, 09:27 AM
(1) Return of our team defense, which sparks our up-tempo game.
(2) Take better care of the ball - reducing our turnovers.
(3) Stop making "stupid" fouls in the last 10 seconds of the shot clock as we bailed our SC numerous times.
(4) Allow Manny to be more involved in our half-court offensive schemes.
(5) Keep constant pressure on the ball, making passes into the post much more difficult.
(6) Do a better job of hedging on screens and don't allow the ball handler to get by and into the paint.
AND
(7) Pound the ball into the post. Let Rob/Harris touch the ball EVERY time we transition into our half-court offense.

DCZag
01-22-2011, 09:35 AM
I would like to see the guys start the game like they are interested in what is going on. Limit turnovers and outrebound USF - they do those things, they win. If not it's SC all over again.

MJ777
01-22-2011, 10:05 AM
More intensity from the Zag players and coaches and a better set of refs.

Mantua
01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
The realization that they have to come out focused and committed to playing hard every minute on the road, especially in the WCC.

RenoZag
01-22-2011, 10:55 AM
The realization that they have to come out focused and committed to playing hard every minute on the road, especially in the WCC.

:agreed:

gamagin
01-22-2011, 12:36 PM
focus, effort and confident, trusting, teamwork.

NovaZag
01-22-2011, 12:39 PM
All I want to see is a win. That's all.

primal23
01-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Not to be humiliated like a 14 point loss to SCU:vomit-smiley-007::vomit-smiley-007::vomit-smiley-007: