PDA

View Full Version : Bell has big night

Angelo Roncalli
01-21-2011, 09:29 PM
KENT If there isn't something Gary Bell can't do for the Kentridge High School boys basketball team, it doesn't come to mind for his coach, Dave Jamison.

Taking a cue from the Gonzaga-bound Bell, fourth-ranked Kentridge repelled all challenges from rival Kent-Meridian for a going-away 83-60 win Friday night in an SPSL North Division game.

The 6-foot-2 Bell did it all, scoring 32 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and dishing out four assists. He also defended well, handled the ball in critical situations and posted up over smaller guards as K-M tried to cause problems with full-court pressure defense.

"They were pressuring the ball a lot, so we had to take care of it," said Bell, who hit 10 of 15 shots and 11 of 11 free throws. "I felt like with it in my hands, it would be the safest. I kind of took over a little bit at times when we needed it."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/highschoolsports/2014002285_massey22.html

Bombs over Zaghdad
01-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Really happy for Bell. Really happy that he is a Zag.

I worry that with an "off" year for the zags that he will be the off season savior that can do nothing but disappoint after being so hyped.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to have this guy. I think he will be special, but I hope posters can be patient for him to become special and not expect perfection on day one.

I hope Bell continues to make this kind of noise and takes his team on a deep run in the state tourney.