PDA

View Full Version : Best Surprise; Best Improvement; Best Composure

Horned Frog
01-21-2011, 07:39 PM
STOCKTON has been the best surprise so far. I thought he would be our next Sorenson or P-Maag, but he's turning into our best passer and one of our sparkplugs.

SACRE has shown the best improvement, especially in his free throws. Reminds me of Batista in that I have confidence when he gets the ball down low or when he goes to the FT line.

SACRE also has show the best composure. With all the horrible officiating last night, he never made a face (remember Daye?) or talked back to the refs (like Gray). Instead, Rob saves his fire for when he talks to his teammates before free throws. Very mature leader.

bigblahla
01-22-2011, 05:17 AM
STOCKTON has been the best surprise so far. I thought he would be our next Sorenson or P-Maag, but he's turning into our best passer and one of our sparkplugs.

SACRE has shown the best improvement, especially in his free throws. Reminds me of Batista in that I have confidence when he gets the ball down low or when he goes to the FT line.

SACRE also has show the best composure. With all the horrible officiating last night, he never made a face (remember Daye?) or talked back to the refs (like Gray). Instead, Rob saves his fire for when he talks to his teammates before free throws. Very mature leader.

I'm buying what you're selling. +1

Go!! Zags!!!

MickMick
01-22-2011, 08:02 AM
The wheels would completey fall of the cart if not for Rob's leadership and composure.

I admire the man greatly. I think he has evolved into the best post player in GU history.

Yep....I said it. No one had the complete game, leadership quality, and reliability under adversity that Rob has demonstrated over the past month. Every other post player had a nice suppoeting cast with respect to post feeds. Ponder Rob on some of the historical Zag squads. His numbers would be crazy good.

The NBA is really, really dumb if they don't take a good hard look at this guy.

kclubfounder
01-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Yep,

Sacre and Stockton are the GUnits of the season to date.

NEC26
01-22-2011, 08:44 AM
While I want Stockton to get more playing time I think saying he is one of our best players is certainly stretching it.
Sacre has really improved throughout this year though. Better passing, improving hands, and as always excellent defense(without as many fouls).
Just wish he had just a little more lift but if he did he would also be leaving after this year so I guess you can't have it all. He definitely gets my most improved vote.

Edit: Forgot to add outstanding free throw shooting as well!

DCZag
01-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Thread is gonna get boring - can't debate what you're saying. Stock has been a very pleasant surprise and Rob's game has been remarkable.

Mantua
01-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Rob is the most improved.

I'm not surprised by Stockton's court poise.

Keita, a true Frosh, displaying so much potential, surprised me.