PDA

View Full Version : USF: A new approach?

DixieZag
01-21-2011, 09:16 AM
If we thought last night was a challenge, tomorrow we will face the team that we are currently tied for second place with. USF beat Portland fairly convincingly, the same Portland team that I thought was awefully good. It looks to me like there is more parity in the WCC than anyone thought, and it is possible that SMC will face some trouble down the road as they were down in the second half to a team with one division one win.

I wrote some time ago that 2 losses would win the conference and that is looking more and more reasonable. SMC still has to go to USF/GU/UP and play GU/UP at home, just like we learned a lot about GU last night, we will learn a lot about SMC over the next three games.

Lets keep in mind that we did have the lead with 7 minutes left, Foster hit threes with Keita on him and hit one from 8 ft behind the arc, tip your cap.

Not glossing over the horrible, ugly, uninspired effort. But we have a chance to solidify ourselves by winning Saturday. I think Few needs to shake the starting line-up around. It does get people's attention. I think Stockton deserves the start, Keita at the 3. Stockton/Gray/Keita/Harris/Sacre and see if the offense comes out a little more cohesive.

Plus, I think we need to surprise them somehow, maybe full-court press to start the game. Perhaps that woud prevent a lackadaisacal start.

U Zig, I Zag
01-21-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't know the teams ego (or lack of one) but I would like to see different starters. Mainly Stockton over Meech and Keita over Manny. Let Keita play the 2 and let Gray run his guy around for a few minutes.

Now, that said, they may have some issues with egos getting bruised or something and that pushes Few to play the starters as he has lately. But when it comes down to it, they seem to just play better when Stockton is in and Manny, played good D, was non-existant in many ways. He just seemed like he wasn't involved that much.