X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Voce
    • Apr 2024

Tonight's Game

Santa Clara is not a very good team that is coached by a not very good coach. That said, the Zags have had a ton of problems playing there, pulling out many late second half wins.

What I hope to see tonight is that the Zags play with the defensive intensity they have shown lately at home - no easy threes, contest everything, control the defensive boards, etc. If the Zags do this, it should be an easy win, and portends well for the rest of the season.

If not, then strap up for the same roller coaster ride we Zag fans go on every year.
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

I'm looking forward to our first conference road game. These are always some of the toughest games of the year. We learned that last year. I think this is when Gonzaga really benefits from the tough out of conference schedule that they have, where they travel to places like Notre Dame, Baylor, Kansas St., and WSU. I think the most important thing to Mark Few is winning the conference championship, and I believe it's why he schedules tough OOC games away from K2.

The Zags are now being chiselled into the champions we know they are. I really like road victories and playing in those arenas/gyms, especially those in conference play. Playing games on the road is part of the chiselling process. Santa Clara has always been a tough game for the Zags. Few will have the boys ready to play.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

I think we will come out strong in the first half, and will coast the rest of the way to win by +15 plus.
      Best thing about tonight's game is it will look good in HD.

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• primal23
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I have a feeling I will not be able to watch most of the game, just because games at SCU are always so close, I get close to swearing, and with a 2 yr old, not a good thing.
        11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
        "Make it yourself"
        "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
        "Okay"

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Foster again. Also, the Broncos landed a couple of players that the Zags had looked at in John McArthur and Yannick Atanga (although I believe he's either injured or redshirting).

Is anyone else looking forward to the day that Keating is fired?
          What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• EuroZag2010
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2010

Haha I know the bronco fans are fed up with Keating and the same striped suit at every game
            "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
            -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• FlyZag
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Nov 2007

Foster leads the league in scoring (18.7/gm) and in made 3pt baskets/gm (4). If we contain him to a reasonable number of made 3pt baskets (2-3)... then we improve our chances to win.

Trasolini had a good game against us LY. So far this year his is averaging 9pts and 5rbs. So as long as we hold him to his seasons averages... it improves our chances to win.

SCUm seems to always be a tough place to play for us. I hope we completely embarrass them so KK rethinks his assessment of the best team in the league.

I hope we show our "road toughness"

Comment

• gamagin
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

complacency, homer refs and

a hostile, sometimes nasty and personal, crowd is what SCU has greeted the Zags with in the past.

It shouldn't matter, but sometimes it does. We need to stick to what we do best and ignore everything else, assuming flying objects will be discouraged.

One of my favorite SCU student section signs read: "At least I don't have to go back to Spokane . . . "

I thought it was quite clever. Then I thought whoever produced it knew going in to the game that SCU was going to get whipped & decided to try and slap the Zags on the way out of the gym because coming in, SCU was in trouble.

I hope to see that sign again tonight.
                Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Nevtelen
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by primal23 View Post
                  I have a feeling I will not be able to watch most of the game, just because games at SCU are always so close, I get close to swearing, and with a 2 yr old, not a good thing.
                  You only get close to swearing? You're a better man than I, sir. My 18 month-old has probably picked up a word or two during the odd Zag game I watch before he goes to bed.

We *should* win by 15+. @ SCU though and also our first conference road game? I'm predicting a nail-biter with late-game heroics needed for us to come out on top (possibly along with foul trouble on one or more of the big 3).

Comment

• BobZag
                    Dark Lord of the Zag
                    • Jan 2007

If the guys come out sleepwalking again, I'll personally hold El Voce fully accountable and ask that he is denied his doughnuts for a week.
                    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• zaguarxj
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Is that the 2 yr old practicing his new vocabulary in your avatar? My kids have flown the nest but my dog gets very concerned when I start yelling at the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                        If the guys come out sleepwalking again, I'll personally hold El Voce fully accountable and ask that he is denied his doughnuts for a week.
                        OK, but if they play well I get extra chocolate frosting on them!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Don't feel too bad...I have been banned from babysitting my 4 MO grandson until March Madness has run its course.

I tried telling my daughter it wasn't my fault that David Stockton hit that half court shot at the buzzer against OSU.

When that didn't work, I tried telling her I woke him a bit early for his 11PM (CST) feeding.

Nahhh...I didn't throw the kid. He was merely awakened by my son and me letting out a big whoop after Stockton hit the shot. "Awakened" may be a bit of an understatement, I have to admit...

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                            About...damn...time...

Comment

• primal23
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
                              You only get close to swearing? You're a better man than I, sir. My 18 month-old has probably picked up a word or two during the odd Zag game I watch before he goes to bed.

We *should* win by 15+. @ SCU though and also our first conference road game? I'm predicting a nail-biter with late-game heroics needed for us to come out on top (possibly along with foul trouble on one or more of the big 3).
                              No, although she might be at the end of the season. She is actually doing her scary face, aka scary face by Jack Skellington from one of her favorite movies Nightmare Before Christmas.
                              11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                              "Make it yourself"
                              "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
                              "Okay"

Comment

Working...
                              X