PDA

View Full Version : Jordan story on Rivals

LynetteG
06-04-2007, 06:30 PM
from the tourney he was in this past weekend. He played with the Michigan Select 16U team. His normal AAU team is the Michigan Select 17U team. Right now its the front page story

http://michiganpreps.rivals.com/default.asp?type=3

if it get's rotated off the featured story spot, you can find it at http://michiganpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=679910 (rivals subscription required).

Note this subtitle "The Michigan Mustangs (featuring Jordan Morgan) have been the premier adidas sponsored AAU team in the state of Michigan for many years now, but Michigan Select is also sponsored now by the major shoe company. Their head-to-head showdowns this weekend is proof that there is an emerging rivalry between the two programs that will be fun to watch this summer."

Jordan USED to play for the Mustangs, as the beginning of the sentence alludes to, but he now plays for the Select this year. So, basically, I think the author is trying to tie (some of) the success of the Mustangs to Jordan, and is now trying to say that the Select is a new threat, and part of that has to do with Jordan going over to that team... at least this is what I am thinking he is trying to say!

EL MUSTACIO
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Does anyone have any info on Gonzagas recruiting of J-dogg? Would love to have this guy in a GU uniform and hear about him often. What is his interest level? I realize that he came to visit GU last summer, but havent heard a lot on the recruiting end of things.

BobZag
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Does anyone have any info on Gonzagas recruiting of J-dogg? Would love to have this guy in a GU uniform and hear about him often. What is his interest level? I realize that he came to visit GU last summer, but havent heard a lot on the recruiting end of things.

There is mutual interest but the coaches rarely tip their hand in recruiting matters. July will tell us all something.

LynetteG
06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
? I realize that he came to visit GU last summer...

He was here summer '05 AND summer '06. He may come up at the end of this July after the Main Event tournament in Las Vegas he is playing in. All of the college coaches will be at that tourney, I think that is what Bob is referring to when saying 'July'. Of course, there is other stuff going on right now that I am not at liberty to talk about. :D

Zagdawg
06-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok now -- at least a hint Lynette-- you know we are all one big happy family here--

Whereever your nephew goes-- I'm a fan regardless---

Although it would just be easier to follow him here;)

Go Zags--

LynetteG
06-06-2007, 09:25 AM
public board, sorry, cannot. :(

spudzag
06-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Another stud from Michiganís í09 class is 6-foot-7 245 pound Jordan Morgan, who also plays on the Selectís 17u team, was a beast in this game as he controlled the boards and scored near twenty giving him a double-double.

Morganís one of three Michigan players headed to

For the full story;

http://michiganstate.scout.com/2/649560.html

LynetteG
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
to finish the sentence

Morgan’s one of three Michigan players headed to Xavier’s Elite camp. He is also very high on Gonzaga’s radar.

Btw, his scout profile is seriously outdated.

sonuvazag
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
to finish the sentence

Morganís one of three Michigan players headed to Xavierís Elite camp. He is also very high on Gonzagaís radar.
Wrong. The correct answer was: Gonzaga. :D
There should be an emoticon for knock on wood.

LynetteG
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Wrong. The correct answer was: Gonzaga. :D
There should be an emoticon for knock on wood.

did i miss the question?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_2.gif

sonuvazag
06-07-2007, 07:39 AM
did i miss the question?
you're right. I was answering the unfinished statement.... Jordan is heading to....

LynetteG
06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
ha! that wasn't part of the story, but cute! did you see i found the knock on wood smiley for you?

NJZag
06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
to finish the sentence

Morganís one of three Michigan players headed to Xavierís Elite camp. He is also very high on Gonzagaís radar.

Btw, his scout profile is seriously outdated.

It's nice to see how high profile he's becoming. All at an equal level of "medium interest" from another list linked to his name on that story:

Arizona
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
Wake Forest
Xavier
Gonzaga

It seems like lists from Rivals keep the order of colleges alphabetical for BCS conference schools, then it breaks away to the schools that aren't in such leagues for re-alphabetized listing. :D Flattery. :D

lothar98zag
06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Arizona
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
Wake Forest
Xavier
Gonzaga

What are all those BCS schools doing talking to a 3-star recruit (http://michiganpreps.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=65047&sport=2)?

NJZag
06-07-2007, 09:53 AM
What are all those BCS schools doing talking to a 3-star recruit (http://michiganpreps.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=65047&sport=2)?

I wondered the same thing too.

Also, with Xavier in the humble A-10, it's obvious that they do reverse-order from Z to A outside the BCS conferences. :lmao:

No doubt that Xavier's Sean Miller can coach, however, taking Ohio State into OT in the second round NCAA this year.

LynetteG
06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
It's nice to see how high profile he's becoming. All at an equal level of "medium interest" from another list linked to his name on that story:

Arizona
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
Wake Forest
Xavier
Gonzaga

It seems like lists from Rivals keep the order of colleges alphabetical for BCS conference schools, then it breaks away to the schools that aren't in such leagues for re-alphabetized listing. :D Flattery. :D

i noticed the same thing, not sure why they are listed that way. they are not in order of preference, and right now no one school is ahead of the other. it's super early yet. things are starting to heat up now, so we'll see what shakes out.

btw, i think once rivals sees him this weekend at XU elite camp they'll change their mind about his star rating. i dont think they've seen him in person yet, which is why he's listed as a 3***.

another btw, two schools to add to that list... Notre Dame and Kentucky showing interest in him (UK sent 2 letters in two weeks).