PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few Show

ID ZAGFAN
01-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Mark Few Show:

Last week's games:

Greg: Another great week around Zagville. Nine in a row--what's been the difference?

Mark: Step by step, incrementally, kind of figuring out our roles, playing to our strengths. Tonight we really got back into defending. Initially we fouled too much in the first half, but we got back to playing good defense in the second half. Offensively, we have done a good job of playing to our strengths. We have had a lot of defenses thrown at us and the guys have done a good job of handling it. 27% field goal percentage is a great testament to our half court defense.

Greg: And it seems like the offense has gotten around a hiccup too. LMU is a good defensive team. That team in that second half exploded.

Mark: Yeah. And I think when people see us, they think it's not like the old days. The game doesn't flow like it used to. This team is built differently--we're built from the inside out. If we can get Rob a touch, or E a touch, or Sam a touch around the basket. And still we're going to get a chance for Steve and some of the guys in the open court. That is maybe not as aesthetically pleasing as free flowing and shooting a lot of threes. But I think that lately the team has done a nice job at least giving those guys a look before throwing something up from the perimeter.

Greg: And coach, correct me if I'm wrong--and I know you will--I think that Sacre (Mark: You're wrong) throughout the history of his development, he kind of reminds me of Ronny Turiaf. Ronny was raw when he came in and so was Rob.

Mark: Sacre puts the time in, he has worked very hard, he's very conscientious. He is a different player than Ronny. Rob is a load--he was really well coached, and he came here, and he posts exactly right. His hands are up, he posts with his body. So any of you officials out there who are listening. ..

Subway sub of the week:
Mathis Keita

Rodda Paint finish of the week:
Steven Gray 3 pointer

Fan question of the week:
Where are former Zags playing:

JP Batista France
Matt Bouldin Greece
Jeremy Pargo Israel
Raivio D league Erie Bayhawks
Austin Daye Pistons
Cory Violette Japan
Ronny Turiaf Knicks
Josh Heytvelt Italy
Kuso Japan
Ira Brown Argentina
Micah Downs Spain
Zach Gourde France
Richie Frahm Japan

Obviously he keeps up with the kids--he was specific about what Jeremy, Ronny, Raivio are doing. "We follow them now on the internet."

Greg: And it helps with recruiting.
Mark: Absolutely.

Player Interview: Manny Arop

Greg: How is Life?
Manny: Life is great!

Greg: Do you feel a part of the program?
Manny: I feel a part of the program. Am I satisfied with what I have accomplished. I have a lot to work on.

Greg: What are you working on?
Manny: Ball handling, and always shooting.
Greg: You seem to be hitting the boards hard.
Manny: Yeah. That's just a natural part of my game. So I'm gona keep that work keep working on other stuff.
Greg: Are you one of the more mature guys on the team?
Manny: Probably not. We got a lot of older people on this team. I'm not gonna lie about that.
Greg: It's a real international flavor on this team.
Manny: It is and I think it is really good for the team. People get to learn about about different backgrounds. Mathis and Mathis, and then Rob..
Greg: But Rob is from a different planet.
Manny: And Steve, too.
Greg: Steve, too?
Manny: Yes, I am gonna put him there too. He is such a unique character and has his own unique way of doing things. So calm and balanced. I would like to copy him.
Greg: How is school going?
Manny: School's going great first semester
Greg: Want to give us a gpa?
Manny: I think about a 2.8. A lot of kids would not think that was good, but I work really hard for that. So I was happy with it.
Greg: This season has had a lot of ebb and flow.
Manny: Yes, but the coaches did a good job of letting us know that this was not an easy schedule. I think it made us stronger. It taught us how to overcome adversity.
Greg: And Rob Sacre has just been awesome.
Manny: Yes. He works harder than anyone else on the team. He'll come up and ask us to double team so he can work on that. You don't see a lot of post players doing that. It motivates you to work on your own game when you see someone like that.

Subway sub of the week: Mathis Keita 7 points, 2 assists, and a steal against LMU

Kennel Club History:

It started in 1984 with a bunch of baseball players coming over to support the basketball team, after the basketball players supported the baseball players. Bob Finn was president in 1988 and was interviewed. They interviewed several other presidents. One guy said he became president because his roommate had been president and graduated so he just fell into the job, but "you can't do that today".
Bob Quinn:
"We'd show up five minutes before the game and take the middle chunk of seats. You could get as many tickets as you wanted. Noboday would sit in our seats and if they did, we just threw them out."
"When you look back where it started--20 or 30 guys--we thought it would be dead when we were gone. And then you look at it today and see 1500 kids jumping up and down."

Sarah Michaelson:
Coaches vs. Cancer--I believe T shirt
Greg: It's a great program.
Mark: Yes, it's a good idea, and we'll be wearing them in the game against San Diego--fans, team, coaches.

Greg: Okay--it's turn the corner time. A road trip to Santa Clara and San Francisco.
Mark: Yeah--you've been there. Santa Clara will be dog fight. Both of those teams will come after us. It won't be easy, but I am sure we'll do a good job.

ZaGranny

MDABE80
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
First one I've watched. Manny is a nice humble kid needing some support and friends. He's a bit distant. I wonder if his family comes to visit...

It's a miltinational team. Gelling has been slow and with the injuries plus the difference in cultures, I'm beginning to understand it better. WHATTA team we'll have if the comraderie continues. Many of these kid don't even know each other's culture.
Daunting chore.

Bogozags
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Mark Few Show:

Last week's games:

Greg: Another great week around Zagville. Nine in a row--what's been the difference?

Mark: Step by step, incrementally, kind of figuring out our roles, playing to our strengths. Tonight we really got back into defending. Initially we fouled too much in the first half, but we got back to playing good defense in the second half. Offensively, we have done a good job of playing to our strengths. We have had a lot of defenses thrown at us and the guys have done a good job of handling it. 27% field goal percentage is a great testament to our half court defense.

Greg: And it seems like the offense has gotten around a hiccup too. LMU is a good defensive team. That team in that second half exploded.

Mark: Yeah. And I think when people see us, they think it's not like the old days. The game doesn't flow like it used to. This team is built differently--we're built from the inside out. If we can get Rob a touch, or E a touch, or Sam a touch around the basket. And still we're going to get a chance for Steve and some of the guys in the open court. That is maybe not as aesthetically pleasing as free flowing and shooting a lot of threes. But I think that lately the team has done a nice job at least giving those guys a look before throwing something up from the perimeter.

Greg: And coach, correct me if I'm wrong--and I know you will--I think that Sacre (Mark: You're wrong) throughout the history of his development, he kind of reminds me of Ronny Turiaf. Ronny was raw when he came in and so was Rob.

Mark: Sacre puts the time in, he has worked very hard, he's very conscientious. He is a different player than Ronny. Rob is a load--he was really well coached, and he came here, and he posts exactly right. His hands are up, he posts with his body. So any of you officials out there who are listening. ..

Subway sub of the week:
Mathis Keita

Rodda Paint finish of the week:
Steven Gray 3 pointer

Fan question of the week:
Where are former Zags playing:

JP Batista France
Matt Bouldin Greece
Jeremy Pargo Israel
Raivio D league Erie Bayhawks
Austin Daye Pistons
Cory Violette Japan
Ronny Turiaf Knicks
Josh Heytvelt Italy
Kuso Japan
Ira Brown Argentina
Micah Downs Spain
Zach Gourde France
Richie Frahm Japan

Obviously he keeps up with the kids--he was specific about what Jeremy, Ronny, Raivio are doing. "We follow them now on the internet."

Greg: And it helps with recruiting.
Mark: Absolutely.

Player Interview: Manny Arop

Greg: How is Life?
Manny: Life is great!

Greg: Do you feel a part of the program?
Manny: I feel a part of the program. Am I satisfied with what I have accomplished. I have a lot to work on.

Greg: What are you working on?
Manny: Ball handling, and always shooting.
Greg: You seem to be hitting the boards hard.
Manny: Yeah. That's just a natural part of my game. So I'm gona keep that work keep working on other stuff.
Greg: Are you one of the more mature guys on the team?
Manny: Probably not. We got a lot of older people on this team. I'm not gonna lie about that.
Greg: It's a real international flavor on this team.
Manny: It is and I think it is really good for the team. People get to learn about about different backgrounds. Mathis and Mathis, and then Rob..
Greg: But Rob is from a different planet.
Manny: And Steve, too.
Greg: Steve, too?
Manny: Yes, I am gonna put him there too. He is such a unique character and has his own unique way of doing things. So calm and balanced. I would like to copy him.
Greg: How is school going?
Manny: School's going great first semester
Greg: Want to give us a gpa?
Manny: I think about a 2.8. A lot of kids would not think that was good, but I work really hard for that. So I was happy with it.
Greg: This season has had a lot of ebb and flow.
Manny: Yes, but the coaches did a good job of letting us know that this was not an easy schedule. I think it made us stronger. It taught us how to overcome adversity.
Greg: And Rob Sacre has just been awesome.
Manny: Yes. He works harder than anyone else on the team. He'll come up and ask us to double team so he can work on that. You don't see a lot of post players doing that. It motivates you to work on your own game when you see someone like that.

Subway sub of the week: Mathis Keita 7 points, 2 assists, and a steal against LMU

Kennel Club History:

It started in 1984 with a bunch of baseball players coming over to support the basketball team, after the basketball players supported the baseball players. Bob Finn was president in 1988 and was interviewed. They interviewed several other presidents. One guy said he became president because his roommate had been president and graduated so he just fell into the job, but "you can't do that today".
Bob Quinn:
"We'd show up five minutes before the game and take the middle chunk of seats. You could get as many tickets as you wanted. Noboday would sit in our seats and if they did, we just threw them out."
"When you look back where it started--20 or 30 guys--we thought it would be dead when we were gone. And then you look at it today and see 1500 kids jumping up and down."

Sarah Michaelson:
Coaches vs. Cancer--I believe T shirt
Greg: It's a great program.
Mark: Yes, it's a good idea, and we'll be wearing them in the game against San Diego--fans, team, coaches.

Greg: Okay--it's turn the corner time. A road trip to Santa Clara and San Francisco.
Mark: Yeah--you've been there. Santa Clara will be dog fight. Both of those teams will come after us. It won't be easy, but I am sure we'll do a good job.
ZaGranny

So then, its a safe bet you watched the show! lol

Incredible job of getting every bit of the show!

THANKS!!!

Zig-Zag
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks zagfan, the Few Show is tough to get down here in Mexico. Great review!!!

Section 116
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I know Keita had family here around Christmas. Possibly his father and sister as I recall. Not sure how long they were here but they did get to experience a White Christmas.