• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacomaZAG
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Seeking Perfection.......

Wow..........reading the threads about the game last night, and a lot of the threads over the last few weeks, an uninformed reader would think we've lost nine in a row instead of won them.

Bad defense
    Bad FT shooting last night needs to be fixed
    Meech sucks
    Baby Stocks gets abused
    Our bigs commit dumb fouls
    Elias isn't as good as last year
    No offensive flow
    Can't defend the 3

I'm surprised no one said Rob needs to refocus himself because he wasn't 8/8 from both the field and the line last night. I mean, he did it once so he should be able to do it every time............right????

C'mon people, we all want the guys to play perfectly every game but that just doesn't happen. We're looking good, rounding into form, and seem to be peaking at the right time. We may lay a few more eggs, but are positioning ourselves for another conference championship and invitation to the dance.

On paper, we should win every conference game by 20 at home, and by 7 on the road. Analysis is fine, but how about a dose of reality as part of the analysis, and the realization that these kids are working their a$$e$ off to bring honor and recognition to the school and the program. Maybe we aren't the team that everyone hoped for or expected (are we ever??), maybe we won't go to the FF this year (or ever), maybe we won't equal or surpass the E8 team from over a decade ago........so be it. Just enjoy the ride, the journey is much more enjoyable when you don't focus on the destination.

These guys represent the University, and to a certain extent, us as well. And, IMHO, they are a fantastic representation. Let's try to represent ourselves, and them, in the same fashion.

Rant over............

Go ZAGS
  • dazags
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2007

+1

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

+ 1,000,000

Comment

• zagfaninmt
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

+1

I consider it a privilege and a gift to be a fan of Gonzaga basketball.

Comment

• LMUZAG
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

+1

Enjoying the ride.
          Don't call it a comeback....

Comment

• bballbeachbum
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by zagfaninmt View Post
            +1

I consider it a privilege and a gift to be a fan of Gonzaga basketball.
            me too.

but compared to earleir this season, lately I'm not hearing the chorus of what you described Tacoma

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

The ballboys had an off-night. Much too slow in cleaning up sweaty spots and just not bringing their A Games. I say bench them!

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Ekrub
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2009

Excuse me being a homer, but I'm still holding out hope for that E8 or FF. We have the talent.

Comment

• soccerdud
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jul 2009

so... all of those topics you listed have existed (and, at times, been very obvious) at varying points of the year. some of us fans have dreams beyond winning every conference game. any one of those issues could prevent the fruition of those dreams-- or even possibly wreck the streak of conference championships and NCAA tourney bids.

pointing them out, discussing them, and thinking about why they are happening or how they can be addressed seems like perfectly fair fodder for sports fans on an independent sports-oriented message board.

we do that, and most of us are enjoying the ride. this is HOW we do it. if reading anything critical really ruins this for you, how do you survive on the internet at all?

it is personally my opinion that the incredible young men of the gonzaga basketball team are best represented by fans who's dreams and passion are as big as their own. sometimes this forces honest assessment... but rest assured that, when this is kept to reasonable BASKETBALL statements, they hear worse from the coaches and hold themselves to higher standards.

but i could be wrong. oh well. rest assured that it is quite as annoying for the rest of us to deal with the kittens-farting-butterflies types as it is for you to deal with us.
                  Last edited by soccerdud; 01-16-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Soccer.....

Believe me, the line of passionate fans dreaming of a deep run in the tourney forms behind me........ As you say in your post, as long as the comments are kept to reasonable basketball statements, they are OK. I completely agree with that. My point was that no team is free of weakness, of things that need to be improved, and to continue to harp on it in spite of the fact that we are on a 9-game winning streak seems counter productive (unreasonable) to me. Now, I'm not advocating a Kool-Aid trough either, just some sense of reality (reason) with respect to results.

I have been as vocal as most in pointing out what I see as team strengths and weaknesses, and people have both agreed and disagreed with me. So be it.........But things seem pretty good to me right now, and getting better as the guys continue to improve as a TEAM.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• ZagNative
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaZAG View Post
                        Wow..........reading the threads about the game last night, and a lot of the threads over the last few weeks, an uninformed reader would think we've lost nine in a row instead of won them.

Bad defense
                        Bad FT shooting last night needs to be fixed
                        Meech sucks
                        Baby Stocks gets abused
                        Our bigs commit dumb fouls
                        Elias isn't as good as last year
                        No offensive flow
                        Can't defend the 3

I'm surprised no one said Rob needs to refocus himself because he wasn't 8/8 from both the field and the line last night. I mean, he did it once so he should be able to do it every time............right????

C'mon people, we all want the guys to play perfectly every game but that just doesn't happen. We're looking good, rounding into form, and seem to be peaking at the right time. We may lay a few more eggs, but are positioning ourselves for another conference championship and invitation to the dance.

On paper, we should win every conference game by 20 at home, and by 7 on the road. Analysis is fine, but how about a dose of reality as part of the analysis, and the realization that these kids are working their a$$e$ off to bring honor and recognition to the school and the program. Maybe we aren't the team that everyone hoped for or expected (are we ever??), maybe we won't go to the FF this year (or ever), maybe we won't equal or surpass the E8 team from over a decade ago........so be it. Just enjoy the ride, the journey is much more enjoyable when you don't focus on the destination.

These guys represent the University, and to a certain extent, us as well. And, IMHO, they are a fantastic representation. Let's try to represent ourselves, and them, in the same fashion.

Rant over............

Go ZAGS
                        +1,000,000

ZaGranny

Comment

• zag buddy
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2007

If comments and threads are kept in the proper overall perspective of the teams performances they are much easier to interact with and are much more emotionally satisfying for me.

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Thanks Native

for that shot of Rupaul. He's looking fine!

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zag79
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

+1

Enjoying the ride.
                              bingo, this post is more of what i like to see! (no, not rupaul LOL!) GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X