PDA

View Full Version : New Gonzaga "Book"store (@ Kennedy Apartments)

Section 116
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Drove by the corner of Boone and Ruby this afternoon. Spike was standing on the corner waving a sign announcing the new bookstore located at the Kennedy Apartments, E 100 block of Boone, is now open for business. I didn't have a chance to stop in but I will before the week is out. One can never have too much GU apparel!

RenoZag
06-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Does that location replace the one in the COG ?

bulldogshawn
06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
This does not replace the location below the cog, that store is still open. Just something on that side of campus.

I would expect that when they complete the new student center a few years, the Cog location will cease to exist.

Gonzdb8
06-04-2007, 07:00 PM
i'd be suprised if the planned student center didn't have a bookstore simply because i've never seen a student center without a bookstore. i was told the store located in kennedy is more of a satellite store that will focus on gu merchandise. i could be wrong though, thats just second hand info.

bulldogshawn
06-04-2007, 07:15 PM
The current GU student center doesn't have a bookstore...

RenoZag
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
i'd be suprised if the planned student center didn't have a bookstore simply because i've never seen a student center without a bookstore. i was told the store located in kennedy is more of a satellite store that will focus on gu merchandise. i could be wrong though, thats just second hand info.

Seems to me I read somewhere the Kennedy location will be tailored more towards clothing, accessories, etc. vs. textbooks, Cliff Notes, and reams of printer paper.

Bocco
06-04-2007, 09:53 PM
It is my understanding that the new location in the Kennedy is mainly for Zag merchandise. It would provide non-students easier access than the COG location. During the school year trying to find parking and getting to the COG is a pain. The new location should provide better access for Spokane residents and others wanting GU gear.

Gonzdb8
06-04-2007, 11:38 PM
The current GU student center doesn't have a bookstore...

you are correct, the bookstore is in the COG. i guess i just think of Crosby and the COG as both "student centers". seems that combined they offer what a traditional student center offers in one facility.

zagster318
06-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Indeed...books will not be sold at the Kennedy store. After touring the facility before school ended, I was blown away. It's absolutely gorgeous!

a13coach
06-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I got a inside look at the new Kennedy apt's a couple of weeks ago. Very nice w/a lot of lounge spaces w/good views especially the top floors. The Bulldog store is for mainly apparel and will be relocated to the second smaller scale apt's that will mirror the current Kennedy complex so that the store will face west (Ruby) and thereby being more prominent to the public. And the current location will become a chapel. The new apt's will have a bistro and the RD mentioned that some of the residents could get invited to an outing at a coffee roasting company to develop a coffee blend specifically for the locale.

Dogtownkid
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
...but that is one ugly building.

lothar98zag
06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Which bldg?

BoltZag
06-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Allow me to COMPLETELY agree. The Kennedy apts are perhaps the most architecturally unsightly structure on campus. FWIW, most folks, on campus and off, also agree.

BTW - this thread shouldn't really be titled "New Gonzaga Bookstore" since books, it seems, are the one thing which will NOT be sold there.

lothar98zag
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Allow me to COMPLETELY agree. The Kennedy apts are perhaps the most architecturally unsightly structure on campus. FWIW, most folks, on campus and off, also agree.

BTW - this thread shouldn't really be titled "New Gonzaga Bookstore" since books, it seems, are the one thing which will NOT be sold there.
I'll change the thread title, but someone needs to post pix of the Ken Apts so those of us outside of Spokane can see for ourselves.

Zag 77
06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Geez, its campus housing. Looks OK. You expected something by Michelangelo or Giotto?

a13coach
06-07-2007, 08:11 AM
A lot of the folks around campus I talked to about the new apt.s do not mind the building. It is the colors chosen for the outside that gets the complaints. They went for a more "urban" style building and I think they achieved that but the colors look like they stole them from some 80's style track housing site.

zagporvida
07-04-2007, 05:15 AM
I have been in the new merchandise store and it looks nice but be prepared to take out a loan as we all know how expensive GU gear can be.