PDA

View Full Version : Rob had five blocks tonight. Where will he end up?

tyra
01-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Rob had five blocks tonight. I think he had 107 coming into the game. Ronny had 179. Casey has 207. Will he catch Ronny? Will he catch Casey?

kitzbuel
01-16-2011, 03:55 AM
Ronny is definitely catchable for him.

Reborn
01-16-2011, 05:18 AM
He won't quite catch Roney. But Rob is just a junior. In the end he will mostly be #1. I imagine he wants to be #1 and it will be one of the reasons he will be back next year.

Knotsolucky
01-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Rob is focused on his career. He spends as much time or more than anyone honeing his skills in the gym. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him take the #1 spot when it's all said and done. Go Rob......

Once and Future Zag
01-16-2011, 07:10 AM
As I predicted at the end of last year - he'll contend for the #1 all time shot blocker at GU for his career (barring injury).

He's a little behind his pace of last year - which was the 2nd highest in GU history after Daye's soph season so may fall a hair shy of Casey, but not by much.

ZagMania
01-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Daye would have smashed the record if he stayed four years.

But to the original question, assuming he stays I think he falls just short of Casey. However, the stat comparison of Turiaf and Sacre as Juniors in last nights telecast was interesting when thinking of Sacre as a pro. While he doesn't have the athleticism as Turiaf, he also isn't undersized for a center like Turiaf is a bit.